1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

froyo

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Shelooga, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Shelooga

Shelooga New Member

this section is eerily quiet about this, but Chevy, any approximate eta for a 2.2 rom? apps2sd and snappiness and flash and updated baseband sound fun. not sure if ill try the release im reading about today. 1 bc i have class right after work 2 bc jess wants to get down with the get down after that and 3 the issues im reading. and somehow, im willing to wait for a solid, bugless version, not just the first available (which from what im reading sounds very buggy and so not solid it can almost be called liquid)

thanks in advance, and the beer will flow like wine
  2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

buggy? not mine...
  3. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Yeah mine either, I came from Chevy's ROM (which I love) but I'm having no show stopping issues at all...
  4. Shelooga

Shelooga New Member

i just read about camera issues and map issues. neither seem unfixable or even annoying, im just lazy. ive settled down flashing roms twice a day and rearranging icons over and over, so when i get 2.2, i want it to stick. i have a feeling i may test the waters anyway in the 1.5 hours i have to not do hw and droid
  5. korp

korp New Member

When I installed it was buggy ... seem to freeze or slow up at random times. I would give it maybe a week and something is bound to popup to have increased stability.

Side note .... when I tried to restore data onto 2.2 it went into a boot loop and never would start up.
  6. Skull One

Skull One New Member

I am running Froyo 2.2 with no issues. In fact this load out is more stable than any 2.1, first release, ROMs I have run to date.

Odds are you are looking at one of three issues.
    1) Bad download.
    2) Bad install.
    3) Bad voltage level for the kernel.
  7. Abadus

Abadus New Member

I have not had issues with 2.2. Working great :D

That being said I am sure Chevy is cooking up something good. He always does. It is funny I love his rom's because of how they work and mostly how they look. I am really itching for this as well ;P Even if it was a SS themed 2.2 rom based on the current build.

I am sure this has probally changed his plans about 3.3.
  8. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

i'm gonna go with option 2
  9. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

I would add 1 more issue:
    Not waiting for market to automatically reinstall apps. Slow as hell while it does that, but afterwards, it flies!
  10. ???

??? New Member

i'll throw a buggy vote in. and i didn't even care about the maps or most of the other things most of the threads were about. i tryed 2 times once with apps and flash plug in. the 2nd time i wipped over and over and over,(first time i wipped 3 times) flashed the rom and just the over clock so i could get 3g back and let whatever apps install that wanted too. well i did install the flash plug in to play with at the very end of the 2nd clean install. just to see if it was better, it wasn't.

spend all day with it, and it just plain wouldn't work right. open a few browser tabs and it starts getting super hot, watch a video and 2 mins in i was worried it was hurt something hot. and thats clocked down at 600. 550 wasn't an option. all that heat killed my battery like no tomorrow too

throw in the newest baseband didn't work for me at all, 1x randomly where i never get 1x. so i went back to the .01. fixed my 3g but not anything else.

the 5 home screens could be nice, but not being able to browse the web like i want or use the flash video (anyone try fastforwarding? lol) and what was the point? i mean it bench marked faster, but i sure couldn't tell from using it.

and any time you leave the browser and check a new email, or text, i'd switch back and it would have to reload the web page all over again, meaning more heat, and more waiting because once it starts reloading if you hit X to stop it, the page goes blank.

i really hope someone like chevy can make it work right... i really want my flash update.
  11. Skull One

Skull One New Member

I am curious who's kernel, speed and voltage you use on your working ROM?
  12. ???

??? New Member

the one linked to me in the offical 2.2 for root user thread. i'll link it.

it was the 1k one, and i normally used it at 600 but i did try it at 400 and played with it at 1k for only a short time to see if loading the pages faster might help, or if the video play back on motogp.com would not be choppy at 1k. but it still was and just seemed to get hot quicker.

Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix

the 250 to 1k

i've always run chevy's low voltage 7 slot 1k over clock with no issues on 2.1
  13. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

I'll admit i was debating whether or not to try out froyo because of the same reasons as you. But now that i have im very glad i gave it a shot. I just downloaded all the files on the thread "get the most out of froyo" (or something like that) and just did what i would normally do when installing a new rom via nandoid backup. Then i let the phone reboot and do its thing for about ten minutes. Then once everything was working the way it should speed wise i installed the OC kernals that support wifi (because the original nandroid doesnt support wifi)(i got them from the thread i just mentioned). Then i installed the flash .apk, let the phone settle down for a bit, and then tested everything out and everything except for google maps is working perfectly (including flash, i just got done watching an episode of southpark on southparkstudios.com). So i would give it a shot just make a backup so that if something doesnt go well just reinstall that.
  14. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

I'm with SkullOne on this one. This Froyo release is much more stable then any of the first 2.1 we saw. I've been running Froyo for a couple of weeks already and have none of the issues being mentioned and it runs smooth as silk. Even having it clocked to 1.2 Ghz as of this weekend now that there are kernels for OCing I've had no heat issue at all either. Personally tho from what I've noticed is people who seem to be having issues more often then not are ones that are installing via SPRecovery and not CWR. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 as I don't use SPR anymore.
  15. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

I, literally, have NOT had one problem with 2.2. Seriously. And this is only beta!! Looooooooove it
  16. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Froyo runs perfect for me had a location finding problem but it worked itself out try it tell it works guys its the best android build yet trust me keep trying.
  17. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

I don't know what the issue is everyone is having with Google Maps I don't have any. I mean it tells me i can update google maps or install it and when I try it FAILS it's UNSUCCESSFUL. Is that what you guys are referring too because there was s thread saying you get the latest version of google maps and it works fine which i tested and the Market Just thinks you don't have it pre-installed, but you do so just ignore the version you see on the Market.

Hope this helps :0
  18. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Me either flash is great.
  19. rooted_default

rooted_default New Member

I had a few issues when I first tried to install 2.2 but it was operator error. If you try to switch without allowing the first boot app to run problems happen. 2.2 reloads your apps and it slows things down alot at first but once that is done this ROM is amazing. I added a few scripts to /system/bin and I recommend anyone that is able should do so. I added sysrw, sysro, fix_permissions and cut. Cut is needed for fix_permissions to work correctly. I used Droid RootHelper available on the android market to mount the system rw the first time so I could add the scripts. I also added and subtracted some of the system apps. Dev tools and terminal emulator are pretty helpful. The only issues I've had with anything are that the exception browser fc every time immediatly and world war seems to have incompatible display charactaristics.

I am using an overclocked kernel from the release thread and due to hardware limitations I stay at 1.1 Ghz or below. 1.1 Ghz is more than enough with this ROM. I've seen 17 Mflops without killing anything first, all normal processes and services in memory. I do use auto memory manager with this. Until now I have been ChevyNo1 faithful and with good reason; nothing runs better than Chevys's SS. Froyo blows the doors off anything I've tried yet. I came from SS 3.1 and Chevy's lv 7 slot 1.1 Ghz
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  20. Shelooga

Shelooga New Member

here i am less than 24hrs after starting the post; team chaos let me test their beta rom with black ice. by far an incredible rom. the only thing is the maps issue. if i cant update it i dont want it, so i took the whole program off the phone. cant redownload either so i shot myself in the foot. i also just noticed theres no other free navigation app out there that i saw (which would solve my only issue).
    but other than maps, 2.2 feels like a whole new phone. oh and my mflops and quadrant numbers are higher than ever. havent had any issues with the new baseband, going to try southparkstudios now...
    another thing i noticed, helix doesnt show in the market, and i also have no idea how to install busybox, both of which do not truly concern me