Froyo Wireless Issue

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
My Two Cents,

I have also noticed this issue with ALL 2.2 based on the newest release of Froyo Roms( older versions of Froyo didnt seem have this issue). I have found that power cycling my wireless hardware allowed for my phone to connect to the wireless & that has been the only way i have been able to connect to the home router, I added an AP to check if it was an IP issue (too Many wireless connection at one time) but it also has the same outcome. I convinced its less of a hardware issue and more of a software issue. (i say that with little to back me up but feelings):)

And im not surprised that VZ LAZY tech department would throw a new phone at you insted of trying to figure out what the conflict might be ( No Linux Experts on Staff)

on a side note: this might be a way to get a droid 2 under replacement with this issue. Just food for thought :icon_ banana:

OP
R

Riffin

Reaction score
FWIW the Verizon tech support did a pretty good job responding to this issue - which was caused by a yet to be defined Google and Moto Droid 2.2 update glitch (which evidently neither is officially acknowledging). I went through level 1, 2 and Associate Director tech support and was satisfied with the process, interaction and ultimate resolution - which is a new/different (hopefully better) model droid phone.

I can be a very difficult customer at times like these, and I was surprised Verizon stepped up to support their customer rather than playing a hardware, software blame game.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This next update, FRG22D is suppose to have some driver update for WiFi. I have constantly hand wifi issues on my Droid, and I'm not sure I can get this update because I'm rooted and I don't want to lose root. I hope somebody does something to let rooted people get some form of this like they did for FRG01B. I really want the updated wireless drivers.

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
This next update, FRG22D is suppose to have some driver update for WiFi. I have constantly hand wifi issues on my Droid, and I'm not sure I can get this update because I'm rooted and I don't want to lose root. I hope somebody does something to let rooted people get some form of this like they did for FRG01B. I really want the updated wireless drivers.

I with you Hook and waiting on the next release to fix this issue (but not holding my breath :beer2:)

to me this is apart of the moding thing sometime the newest & Greatest has some issues, im not bound by the wifi (but nice to have) & I want the newest release so i guess this is why all those ROM come with the warning "Not Responsible for Problems" at the beginning of each of them.

haproot

Reaction score
I am having much better results so far with using AES cypher rather than TKIP in my Dlink DGL 4500 router.

At that point my wireless stayed connected, and didn't drop at all. I noticed that the youtube app was being flaky, complaining of no network and such, yet my other connected apps (ie: browser, engadget, google talk, etc) were fine. I went into my app manger (quick system info) and cleared all the data and cache from the youtube app.

Tried again and then youtube worked flawlessly, logged into youtube, which it promted me to use "[email protected]" then bam, youtube app was hammered again, complaining about no network. So I signed out with the menu option within the app. And what do you know, it worked again. So I then signed in again except using the add account option and re-typing in my user name and password. Then it worked flawlessly. I watched probably ten high quality apps in youtube. All the while with no hickups or disconnects.

Soooo, it seems for me, the magic setting was using AES with WPA/WPA2 on the router side of things rather than TKIP.

Will post back if the issue comes back again, I will be testing tonight after work.

therock

Reaction score
My wireless is fine before and after FRG01B. I did find when I use a router channel close to the outside it will not run well. If I use channel 1 or 11 it will cycle.

but other than that it works fine on my Droid.

Reaction score
wifi as well

well a few days before i got 2.2 ota. the wifi on my home router stopped. it wouldnt connect at all. then i got 2.2 and now every time i delete my saved info from the wifi page ( the router name and pw) and re enter it, it appears 2 times. once with wep and once with wsk( or whatever it is) and wont connect to either. so i sat staring at the screen. it basically will get to the point where it will be trying to obtain the IP address and then disconnect and shut the wifi off and restart it. i have yet to call verizon due to work. but i am seeing this is posibly another wifi issue

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the next part of this goes out, FRG22D there are some updated wifi drivers that are going out with this. So hopefully those of you having issues with wifi will find it resolved.

Apprazer

Reaction score
Had wifi issues after manually updating my Droid to 2.2, everything seemed fine with the connection from the wifi settings on the phone, but all apps timed out waiting. I was reading on one of the forums about two guys that literally broke their wireless network down and discovered security settings at the router were not playing nice after updating their phones to 2.2. They suggested altering these settings. Now I'm not technically proficient, but I used a program called Network Magic to reconfigure my router. My wifi has been back and better than ever since.

Hopefully the updated wifi drivers coming out with update won't cause my problems to return.