Froyo Wireless Issue

Riffin

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with maintaining a wireless connection with Froyo? Since the update, I can't hold a wifi connection. Wifi is solid on the other devices in my house - just not my Droid?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem here. I'm on my Wifi right now and have been most of the day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

firejuan

Reaction score
I share your pain. My wifi was great with 2.1, but after the update it will no longer connect to my home network even when I am sitting on top of the router.

M.Opaliski

Reaction score
No issues to speak of with connectivity on Day 1 of update, been on Wifi most of the day with no problems at all, ran out for a few minutes earlier to grab smokes and had no issues using 3G to either.

KnighthawkLS1

Reaction score
Do you have security enabled on your router? If so, delete your router info from your phone and recreate the "profile" see if that helps.

OP
R

Riffin

Reaction score
Still having problems with wireless. Connection cycles on an off. Tried just about everything - next stop the Verizon store to see if it's a hardware issue. Looking forward to that. Thanks for feedback.

acles003

Reaction score
I have had the same wifi issue since 2.2. My phone also gets really hot (reached 109 degrees today) and my battery life went from 14hrs to 4 or 5 hours in a day. Verizon told me to do a factory reset or bring to a store to reinstall 2.2.

OP
R

Riffin

Reaction score
Just tried a factory reset. No luck. After reset, while my apps were downloading, wireless flicked in and out and downloads were frequently paused and restarted. Very painful to watch.

OP
R

Riffin

Reaction score
Last update:

Spoke with Verizon tech support. They directed me to "jump start" the phone by calling a phone number that enabled a "programming menu" screen. I was told to select AKey and enter a 27 digit #. Then to selct Authentication and confirm the CDMA setting. While this gave me something to do, it did not fix the problem.

Next call to tech support resulted in a new phone to be sent out. The tech wasn't sure if it would have 2.1 or 2.2 on it. (At this point, without wireless working and no Flash yet, I'd prefer 2.1)

The tech guys seemed a little exhausted with Froyo problems and acknowledged that the wireless issue was a known though infrequent issue with the update. New phone to arrive on Monday.

chemprofjoe

Reaction score
wifi as well

I had the same issue and Verizon dispatched a replacement phone. The fact they did so without much hassle suggests they are having a significant number of problems. New phone arrived with 2.1. I did update to 2.2 over the air. Now, with Froyo, wireless works just fine. Several colleagues upgraded to 2.2 with no problem with wifi. So, it isn't simply 2.2 but some combination of hardware with 2.2.

mantis5

Reaction score
Also unable to connect with wifi since Froyo. The Droid can't see my home router at all. At work, it connects to the router but can't send or receive any data. Guess I'll be contacting VZW for a replacement. Not pleased.

update: it suddenly started working with my router at work. I guess I'll wait and see if it starts working with my home router, too, before I start trying to swap it out for another unit.

haproot

Reaction score
I have a major issue with mine, It constantly cycles off and on. Seems to coincide with moving a lot of data like watching youtube. Recently just got a dlink DGL4500 gaming router, and the issue got much worse for me. The wireless had always been flaky. When my original dlink dgl4300 took a crap, (which i had wifi issues with) i threw my backup netgear cheapo router in, and wifi seemed to be fine with that. Now after setting up my new router its more horrible than it has ever been.

My tech level is fairly high I do this kind of stuff for a living, and don't have any trouble with any other devices on my wireless.