1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo will not unlock mobile wifi or tethering on Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by shiccy, Aug 4, 2010.

1. shiccy

shiccy New Member

So I've seen this on a few different sites, and I'm not going to lie I'm kind of ticked off at this fact. I'm not going to say this is something that I'd definitely use on a daily basis (in fact, I'd probably rarely use it b/c of the horrid speed), but having the capability to at LEAST tether would be mighty nice...

I realize that I could just root to something that would allow this, however, I tried rooting once before. I was successful, but had TONS of FC's and just general ridiculous lagging. This paired w/ the fact that the battery life is HORRIBLE with the version of BB that I was running (I didn't realize it was that bad until I reverted and unrooted. I was used to getting through a night at work and being left with 20% battery with little to no use ... turns out it was just the phone running too hot all the time!)...

This all paired with the fact that I went home this weekend and my parents DSL modem/router was fried so I couldn't get online... :icon_evil:

Froyo Will Not Unlock Tethering or Mobile Hotspot For Droid - Techland - TIME.com
  2. FormerHPB

FormerHPB New Member

I've updated to Froyo manually and USB tethering is there. WIFI hotspot is not.
  3. Sal

Sal New Member

It's there. But is anyone using it yet? How's it working? Do you have to interact with Verizon to activate it? Etc.
  4. dmartins

dmartins Member

I'm using the 600 SV Low = 125MHz and haven't charged it for 2d 5h 18m.
    It says I'm at 40%.
    I run it at 550MHz with profiles set.
    I don't have any lagginess at all.
    I did use the internet and wifi but this kernel seems to be the best for my phone.
    I've never gone this long without a charge before.
    I normally charge when it hits 20% which normally took up to 1d 20h more or less more or less.
    [​IMG]

This was with FRG01B.
    I have now updated the baseband to the version in the OTA and upgrade to FRG22.
    I haven't noticed any difference yet with the battery usage but only been off the charge for 5h 34m.(still at 90%)

Wired tether: Downloads - android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Wireless tether: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
Search tags for this page

unlock moto x when on home wifi

unlock motorola droid tethering

unlock my thethering motorola droid phone