1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo Update

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Fizban22, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Fizban22

Fizban22 New Member

I've been reading some of the features on the new Froyo update coming out. I just got one question about it...

Does it increase the overall speed of the phone? I got a new Droid X and dont get me wrong, the thing is really fast, but i do notice some tiny amount of lag when scrolling between homescreens or scrolling up and down in my apps list.

will the new froyo update increase overall speed in the UI as well as the browser/etc.?
  2. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly Theme Developer Premium Member

a. update your profile and take that blackberry off of there if you have an X :D
    2. Froyo is faster than 2.1, as it has the new compiler, which makes the phone faster... so they say :D
  3. sroach23

sroach23 New Member

my droid was overclocked to 1ghz and running eclair. when i first loaded froyo on my phone it was set to the stock speed and it felt faster than when it was overclocked with eclair.