Froyo Update - First Impressions

FireDroid

Reaction score
I dont know what all this panic about the silent feature is about, just hold the power button for a few sec and tap the silent mode and guess what, it is in silent mode, will not vibrate or beep, click or whistle. It has been this way since day one. I don't use the lock screen so I have used this every night since I got the X on launch day!

FlyNo5

Reaction score
I was hoping flash videos from motogp.com would play smoothly, but no luck on 3G. And the phone to vibrate slider option is something alot of us have been looking forward to. My phone froze after the install and I had to pull the battery, but it's working fine now.

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
I dont know what all this panic about the silent feature is about, just hold the power button for a few sec and tap the silent mode and guess what, it is in silent mode, will not vibrate or beep, click or whistle. It has been this way since day one. I don't use the lock screen so I have used this every night since I got the X on launch day!

That only puts the phone on vibrate. It clearly says "silent mode" when you do that. I'll give you that much. But when selected, it puts the phone on vibrate.

FireDroid

Reaction score
HMMM, Mine doesnt do that? It is silent when I put it on silent mode that way.

phartwig

Reaction score
Or as already posted download the beautiful silent/vibrate widget for free from the market and one touch does either. Faster than 2.1 clicking the volume rocker.

jleahcims

Reaction score
Certainly not worth the wait

WOULD PREFER TO GO BACK TO 2.1....

Reasons:

1. Very slow
2. Horrible keypad
3. Swype will not space after entering word (was set to do so in settings)
4. Messaging did not work at all until after 3-4 battery pulls
5. Email has to occasionally (very) to be manually refreshed to get mail
6. Beautiful weather continues to foreclose using google weather, work with accu-weather (but runs 7-10 degrees off)
7. A lot of hesitation using the unlock swype
8. Gallery is horrible...reduces the actual size of photos

Jamb

Reaction score
I noticed that on mine as well,I think it amost double with the update. I compared usage and there's a remarkable difference with my battery longevity on 2.2! dancedroid

CdOtCaRtEr770

Reaction score
Ok was excited to update for the improvement and the Adobe flash.
Worked pretty good yesterday and today my phone performance was just horrible. Lots of lag, when playing music it lags, Scrolling between screens lag, had to restart my phone about 3 or 4 times today. Never had these problems on 2.1. So far I am very unhappy with 2.2. I see people have dislikes about some of the technical issues but mines are the very basic issues that i'm having problems with. Hope this gets fixed and can't see how this can be just my phone considering I never had these problems.

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
It's unfortunate the some apps like Ringo Pro doesn't work anymore but the overall performance make one:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Jamb

Reaction score
Did you try taking the battery out to reset,did that right after the update yesterday and it's working great for me!dancedroid

CdOtCaRtEr770

Reaction score
Did you try taking the battery out to reset,did that right after the update yesterday and it's working great for me!dancedroid

Took the battery out and did the *228 option 1 to program the phone and nothing.... But it's cool though. I'll weather the storm and see how this goes.

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you guys for really getting into this thread.
It being my first post I can't believe It got so much feedback and traffic.

Guess I jumped on a good topic of discussion ha.

Btw - Day 2 and my Droid X is still running strong.
Battery life is killer, despite the seemingly unnecessary 12-18 apps that somehow end up open on their own.

Loving the flow the update.