Froyo Update - First Impressions

Zoosh

Reaction score
My three current issues are:
1. When a text fails and I hit resend, sometimes it sends the other persons text back to them.

2. Gps on still prevents sleep mode.

3. Not sure about fixing this one, but I prefer the old swype keyboard look. Mine looks different now and I haven't found a way to change it back.

Sent from my Droid X using TapatalkatapatalkaHA!

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Glad I came on here, had no idea the update was out, it didn't automatically update for me, I checked for updates and saw it was there, in the process of updating now.

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I read somewhere that the 2.2 update is suppose to help with battery life? Exactly how does it do it ?

Thanks.

mvanz

Reaction score
no silent mode here

Yes, this was changed. I don't use vibrate, I don't really want it.

I found that if you go into Settings>Sound and set the "Vibrate" option to "never", the volume buttons will then turn the ringer to "off".

Not sure why they changed this, but if you don't use vibrate, there is an easy fix.

chefb

Reaction score
Feels good but I do prefer the other key board for swype....I didn't realize that so many used it. another thing that I noticed was that the interface is little choppy, but zippy....a little bit. All in all 6 put of ten. Oh and the edit where you can enhance the text to place the curser seems to be omitted some how?

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
Oh and the edit where you can enhance the text to place the curser seems to be omitted some how?

I noticed that too! But thought "I HAVE to be overlooking this. They COULDN'T have removed this feature."

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
Oh and the edit where you can enhance the text to place the curser seems to be omitted some how?

I noticed that too! But thought "I HAVE to be overlooking this. They COULDN'T have removed this feature."

Overlooked. Just tried it again and it was there. Unless an Android Ninja snuck in and added it while I wasn't looking.

jjd228

Reaction score
To everyone whining about the slider putting or not putting your phone into vibrate mode... it PUTS it in vibrate mode if vibrate is enabled. If vibrate is set to never (like mine is) then it puts it in silent mode. So you see, this is actually an IMPROVEMENT that gave you MORE options than before.

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
To everyone whining about the slider putting or not putting your phone into vibrate mode... it PUTS it in vibrate mode if vibrate is enabled. If vibrate is set to never (like mine is) then it puts it in silent mode. So you see, this is actually an IMPROVEMENT that gave you MORE options than before.

What about someone who has vibrate enabled but would also like to use silent from time to time?

hawkinbj

Reaction score

What about someone who has vibrate enabled but would also like to use silent from time to time?

or someone who doesn't use a lockscreen...

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I don't have The OTA but I love having flash on my phone. untill they come out with a SBF for the new OTA I wont be updating. or untill Gamli 2.3 comes out

ShaiBrooklyn

Reaction score
I like the speed but really dislike the bloatware! Don't want VZ Navigator! The inclusion of that doesn't disable google navigation does it?

Jamb

Reaction score
It's only been 8hrs for me and seems to be a lot faster and smoother! have to play with it some more but seems better so far.

chefb

Reaction score
Also the double tap too zoom in does not resize too the screen

wrathofthepenguin

Reaction score
I've found that my X is quite a bit slower. This appears to be because all the bloatware keeps restarting much faster than before, leaving very little memory. If I kill them and use, for example, Waze, it starts out running fine, then slows down as more of the bloatware's restart. I've decided that I've got to root it and remove the bloatware.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk