Froyo Update - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Due.Vendetta, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Due.Vendetta

Due.Vendetta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How's it turned out so far for everyone?
    (The official release version of course.)

I love it so far, definitely won't be going back to my iPhone.
    (I will be keeping it as an iPod though, amazing for side use through wifi)

No problems here.

Likes?, Dislikes?, whatever!
  2. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Disliking the lock screen. I can't change the settings to only have a pattern lock now I need to unlock with the android sliding thing plus do the pattern lock. Does anybody know how to change this.

I also don't like that they removed silent mode.

when I go online it redirects me to the last website I was on after killing the tasks. Didn't do this before. Theses are just the dislikes.
  3. timrock

timrock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hadnt noticed that. is there a full list of features that were added and removed somewhere?

but i appreciate the update. i really just wanted flash. but i am happy with the new swype keyboard and the new gmail layout. The sound issue has never been a problem for me. As well as the camera, as i use Vignette.

One thing i did notice, is when i watch a movie, the backlight goes out after a while. cant find a way to fix this. It never happened before.
  4. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For me it is running slower and I am upset that the HTC IME mod keyboard isn't working on it... It just keeps FC. I hope the developer updates that keyboard so that it will run smoothly with 2.2. If anyone knows of a link to get the updated version (if one is already out) of that keyboard please let me know. I don't like swype and I don't care for the multi-touch keyboard.... but I guess I will have to learn to live with one of them until something else is figured out.

I wonder why 2.2 is running so slow on my device. I have tried a reboot and it just seems to be laggy in everything.... hopefully it changes....
  5. donballz

donballz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean the disabled the silent mode? You can definitely still do silent mode.

Anyone else's fancy widget stop working? I just have the time and date, no weather or location. Nothing "fancy" about it.
  6. Due.Vendetta

Due.Vendetta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes silent mode is still there.
    But he means instead of swiping your finger to the left at the first lock screen to go straight to silent, what it does is puts the phone in vibrate only mode rather than full silence.

I guess that would be a reason to show semi-dislike but that's all based on preference I guess.
  7. Matt M

Matt M New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two issues I have:
    1. Stock home screen wallpaper flickers when scrolling
    2. The unlock slider (on lock screen) seems to be a bit slower
  8. motionblurrr

motionblurrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yay for 270 degree rotation. Now I can lean it on something in landscape mode while it is plugged in!

Sent from my DROIDX
  9. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    When you go down on the volume, before this it had a vibrate and then silent mode...now goes straight to silent I guess?

Can someone PLEASE tell me if we have a pattern lock on the phone, can the regular swipe to the left on the lock screen be removed so I dont have to unlock my phone TWICE. Cause it's so annoying, I'd rather just go back to 2.1
  10. sunsluv

sunsluv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Market Apps Updates

Download and install was successful! So far, everything is working fine.
    I went to Market, and noticed now I can update ALL applications at once. I like this option.
    :icon_ lala:
  11. B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit, the changes that were made by switching from 2.1 to 2.2 have made me want to go back to 2.1. The redundant swipe lock then pattern lock thing is stupid. I just want it set up as only a pattern lock. Not to mention since upgrading, the focus on the camera while in macro mode SUCKS! It won't even focus clearly, which leaves my favorite app 'Vignette' pretty pointless other than using it for editing purposes. I don't notice any change in speed, I don't notice any change with the speaker volume. As far as I'm concerned, all the good changes are only cosmetic while all of the changes that actually mean something have made my phone worse. :mad:
  12. steeveegee

steeveegee Member

Ratings:
    +2
    few small probs and also a bunch of improvements
    had to redo google search widget kept screwing up my home screen but i think it was more of a launcher pro prob the new one looks better anyway
    the gallery is choppy and not smooth at all
    other then that everything seems great
    flash is awesome and volume seems alot better
    hopefully some of the bugs i experienced will be taken care of like bluetooth issues and the alarm not ringing sometimes and a few other minor issues i had
    if not then maybe in the next update
    it maybe not the performance increase i hoped for but its better then 2.1
    so i am happy with it
    kudos to android, motorola and verizon for making this great phone even better
  13. padawan0620

padawan0620 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did the update and everything went through ok. Love the Flash (weather junkie.) Are we still supposed to have 7 home screens? I thought I read it was only going to be 5 now. Could have missed it if that was going to be left out.:motdroidvert:
  14. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    wow are you serious we can't get rid of it?

This is so stupid, I don't understand this is why phones lose loyal customers cause they remove things for no reason whatsoever. I HATE when they remove things for the hell of it, it wasn't bothering anyone I'm sure the option of having both screens or only one wasn't bothersome to anyone why remove it? Do they make updates to DRASTICALLY change the phone for no reason.
  15. hawkinbj

hawkinbj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no silent mode here
Search tags for this page

impression7 android