Froyo SS 4.2 [6/25/2010] - EXT2/EXT3/EXT4/CIFS/NFS - Updated rstapps!!!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. kyle4269

kyle4269 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WoW Chevy, I gotta say I've tried every ROM out there and your ROM is by FAR the best. I also loaded up a 1.2ghz ulow kernel and this thing is screaming! Thanks man!

2. superbalde

superbalde Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, my wifi keeps connecting then disconnecting on all the routers I've tried connecting to

3. Discover

Discover Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just downloaded 4.2 from Rom Manager and installed it.. the phone gets stuck in a reboot. i downloaded and installed 3 times off rom manager same thing. i downloaded from chevys site and the works beautifully... kinda strange the Rom manger version wouldnt work for me.

4. ejason

ejason New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just installed, and love it. Only my google maps is gone and when i try and install it i get a installation error "unknown reason -8" any ideas???

5. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing from rom manager, Ill report when done

6. legacylegend11

legacylegend11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    possible answer

I was having the same problem so I just downgraded the clockwork recovery to version 1.8.1.8 and it worked fine after that.

BTW SS 4.2 is running great. Chevy roms are the only way to go!

7. Jimmur

Jimmur New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    run script mvmaps -d & then download maps from market. Worked great for me.

8. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I liked 4.1 quite a bit, but it had 1 major deal-breaker for me... I don't know why, but I couldn't get my work's exchange account going. You see, for me the best added feature in Froyo is the GAL support added to exchange... Now, it's working!

My initial impression, is that the ROM's running very smoothly for a Froyo ROM. I'm impressed.

For example, running any other Froyo ROM thus far, even SS 4.1, I noticed a bit of lag comming out of idle, especially when running a 125MHz min on the CPU. Hell, some of them outright crashed. So far, this ROM has behaved very well. I'm not sure if it's the ROM or the kernel, but things are finally happy exiting idle with a 125MHz min set on my idle/standby setCPU profile.

The Quadrant scores with the 800MHz kernel were what I'd expect, but a quirk I seemed to have was spontaneous errors in the video decoding part of the bench. This didn't occur with the 1GHz LV kernel that ran stock with this ROM, or the 1.2GHz ULV (which is still a strong performer).

I stress tested the 1.2GHz ULV for a bit... just chillin' listening to a couple remixes of How to Destroy Angel's "BBB" track. "Listen to the sound of my Big Black Boots" (Apple's theme song, you're holding your phone wrong iPhone4 lefties). After a good 11 minutes, the battery just went up to about 38 Celsius...

So far, mostly good :)

9. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SOME Videos that played on ss3.3 don't work on these froyo builds. Is this froyo missing some part of the codec pack? Any insight as to whether or not later froyo will include the missing part of the codecs or how i might get the ALL videos working again?

10. lbd381

lbd381 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy,

As always excellent job. I did a no wipe install over 4.1 and everything is working fine except for one weird bug.
    Even though I have google voice and google sky maps installed they don't appear in my application list and the icons I had on my home screen for them changed to the default icons. I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling and then I got the icons back, but every time I restart the phone the same thing happens.

Any advice?

Again, great work man. Keep it up :)

11. MrDizzle

MrDizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like a great ROM but im still having the same issue ive had with other FROYO ROMS which is my camera will not auto focus at all. This is so so frustrating, please if anyone has a fix let me know

12. RangerXXX

RangerXXX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone use astrid widget? Since installing this it won't seem to update unless I reboot.

Search tags for this page
downgrade ext4 to ext3 android
download nfs format zip untuk samsung champ
droid kernels ext2
ext2 froyo x2 setting
ext2 kernel module froyo

ext3 kernel module android

ext4 support froyo
froyo 4.2 android update
froyo ext2 or ext3
gba emulator