Froyo SS 4.2 [6/25/2010] - EXT2/EXT3/EXT4/CIFS/NFS - Updated rstapps!!!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Follow the instructions in the same place from which you got it.
    EDIT: note, I don't know where you got it, which one you got, or which package format it's in. (I just know it's not update.zip)

E

2. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was from the link in the OP of this thread, on a page of ChevyNo1's files for this version of his ROM. I'm pretty sure I read the whole OP and didn't see any install instructions for this flash player. It is in .zip format, not .apk or anything directly installable.

The strange thing is that when I renamed it update.zip and used SPRecovery, it looked like it went through successfully. SPRecovery recognized it as ChevyNo1's Flash add-on or something like that and said install from SD card complete or whatever the normal success message from an update.zip install is.

Any suggestions based on this information? If not, where can I find the flash player for foyo that I can install and use? (I'll google it now and look on market, just thought I'd ask here to simultaneously explore all options)

3. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I checked the entire first page of this thread and didn't see it. Oh well ;)

Let me google that for you

Looks like the third links is exactly what you want...

E

4. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, looks like a good link

btw, how do you know for sure that it isn't an update.zip format? I also re-read the entire OP and didn't find any instructions, then I extracted the zip and looked through all the files, and it contained a script for interfacing with a ui (for informing a user of what it's doing) and for installing the apk that is within it. So, if SPRecovery works with such scripts, it looks like that's what you need to do for it. So I'm just curious as to what makes you so sure.

Also, I'd like to hear from ChevyNo1 or someone more familiar with the ROM in regards to this particular file, because there must be a reason why the file was included, i.e. it should work with the ROM, otherwise ChevyNo1 wouldn't have it up. It doesn't make sense to have to look for it separately if it's bundled with the ROM.

You shouldn't assume that people don't do simple things like reading included instructions and things like that because it's offensive and it just wastes your time by stating something obvious. Lastly, those "let me google that for you" links are really obnoxious. Please excuse me if I'm reading this wrong and if you were actually trying to be helpful, but like I said in my post, I know to just google, it, I was just preemptively posting in the event that I don't find any good links on Google, in which case looking through forums would be my next step, so why not start down all avenues to speed the process up?

5. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Flash is an application... update.zip is used to install stuff prior to the
    application framework being up. ROMs, kernels, recovery images, etc. For a simple application... update.zip would not be used.

Despite my asking, you posted no link.. and I didn't see it on the front page, so I don't know what exact thing you're looking at.

I'm sure he'll get right on that.

I'm sorry. Had you posted the link... it would have made it easy for me (the only one who responded to you) or others to be more of what you consider helpful.

As it is, you never provided it, kept talking about the "OP" which I assume is ChevyNo1 but who knows, and I read the whole first page and there's no flash apk mentioned there.

I'm sorry I'm not helpful enough for you.

I'll go back to enjoying my Independence Day weekend. You go back to lecturing people on why you can't be bothered to point to the link where you saw flash, or why you can't be bothered to use "search" or "google" and why that's somehow other people's fault.

SimplyStunning4.2. ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz low voltage kernel. (With flash).

Happy ID.

E

6. ikk788

ikk788 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any chance i can get that non-live wallpaper (of the blue android) you have it the op of this forum?
    thanks

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    To clear things up - the link I have posted for flash - seems to work for some, and not others - the issue with flash is that it can't just be stuffed to /system/app like mostly everything else - so I tried to create an installer that would actually install to /data/app from recovery. Works for some, not for others. It IS an update.zip format.

That being said - if you ran it, and still no flash - the installer failed. Open up the zip and rip out the flash apk - then 'adb install <flash.apk>'

8. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gavron, from my very first post asking about it I specifically said "the flash that came with this ROM" if you had any idea what you were talking about or knew anything about this thread or this ROM, you would know that in the link that ChevyNo1 (yes the original poster, the guy that makes these ROM's) posted a link to a page containing all his files (the ROM install files, kernels, some themes, the flash player in question, and more), and based on how you answered my first post, you made it seem like you knew exactly what I was talking about, and I just re-read the posts and you never asked for any link.

But anyway, I hope you do/did enjoy your independence day weekend. I have nothing against you. Just please don't waste your time and the time of other people by posting in threads that you know absolutely nothing about, especially if you're going to put on an air of knowing what you're talking about and try to put other people down, which really doesn't make any sense if, again, you're posting in a thread that you obviously haven't read and don't know anything about. This way, maybe people won't lecture you. :)

Peace and take care :)

9. GaMeBoY439

GaMeBoY439 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks a lot ChevyNo1, I really appreciate the help. Again, great work with your ROMs!! I'll try grabbing the apk within the zip, and if that doesnt work, I'll try others.

10. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please post questions like this in proper thread. This is the 4.2 thread, there is a 4.7 thread that is stickied, post there.

Have you tried seperate kernels? Do you have super users permision?

Search tags for this page
downgrade ext4 to ext3 android
download nfs format zip untuk samsung champ
droid kernels ext2
ext2 froyo x2 setting
ext2 kernel module froyo

ext3 kernel module android

ext4 support froyo
froyo 4.2 android update
froyo ext2 or ext3
gba emulator