1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

froyo shutdown?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by motomaniac, Jun 22, 2010.

1. motomaniac

motomaniac New Member

Hey I'm a noob to the droid forums, but my question is, I just bought a moto droid, rooted it, and then installed 2.2...within 15 minutes after instaling i would have these random shutdowns where the phone would just turn off...It was doing it quite frequently so I flashed back to 2.1 I was and am currently running bugless beasts software and was curious if this is a known issue or if it is just my device...any input would be greatly appreciated
  2. motomaniac

motomaniac New Member

oh and I forgot to mention since I flashed back, I have no issues
  3. jev

jev Member

Try some different kernels. Sometimes that causes reboots.
  4. motomaniac

motomaniac New Member

Any kernel u would suggest givin the device I'm using??? Thanks for the response btw
  5. stragabenz

stragabenz New Member

Check out chevy, p3, or jhjd i believe is his tag. Go through the custom roms section you will find all the info you need and make sure your installing a kernel that is for froyo otherwise you will have issues.
  6. FknTwizted

FknTwizted Banned

i have tried several kernels (Chevy, p3) with no luck in this area. i even use stock 2.2 and still get the random reboots. is there something else that could be causing the issue? (btw not the whole bb reboot button thing either) i have rocked, chaos, BB, jrummy, all with no luck.
Search tags for this page
did froyo shut down?

how to shutdown android 2.2