Froyo Rom

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ricwhic414, May 11, 2011.

1. ricwhic414

ricwhic414 New Member

Is there any place where I can get the last edition of the Simply Stunning Rom Froyo edition. GB just doesn't work great with my phone and I accidentally deleted my backup of v4.96 (I think thats what it was). I just cant find where I can download the rom from anymore.
  2. ricwhic414

ricwhic414 New Member

Alright I found the page that Chevy posted for v4.96. I guess I need to pm Chevy and ask if I can get me the file
  3. Chudwick

Chudwick New Member

I'm loading the 4.96 I downloaded into my dropbox but my internet is a lil slow atm will post a link once its up :)

Sent from my Droid
  4. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

5. Chudwick

Chudwick New Member

Thanks for the help! I live outside of the city so internet signal is horrible

Sent from my Droid
  6. ricwhic414

ricwhic414 New Member

Thanks guys
  7. ricwhic414

ricwhic414 New Member

I hate to be picky but is this the themed version? Because I really don't want the theme I would rather have just plain stock froyo.
  8. Chudwick

Chudwick New Member

No can do here. I only downloaded themed version that time sorry

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. viscerebral

viscerebral New Member

Chevy posted a link to 4. 96in my thread asking for 4.95 a couple months back. Search my posts.
  10. ricwhic414

ricwhic414 New Member

Ya chevy took them down although he just put the themed version back on his site. I asked him for the unthemed hopefully he is feeling nice and uploads that one for me. Because that was the best froyo rom for my OG
  11. shadowmx

shadowmx New Member

I found this link for 4.96 unthemed:
    SimplyStunning-v4.96-notheme-update.zip

I haven't tested it yet but will do over the weekend.

I'm also looking for the 2D Launcher in case anyone has the file available.
  12. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

Thanx

Thank you shadow, I think I'm going back to 4.96 also until 5.3 comes out 5.2 is pretty buggy for me atm.
  13. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I doubt 5.3 will clear up your issues - of course 'pretty buggy' does not help me to determine that. What are you issues, and what have you done to resolve them?
  14. Fault

Fault New Member

For me personally here are my problems:

-Task killer is absolutely psycho. If I am using an app and press the home button, that app is killed. For example, playing the game words with friends, switch out for a second to answer a text, and bam, app has crashed.
    -the phone part has a lot of stability problems. Ill get phone calls that will keep vibrating after I have picked up. I have to do a battery pull to stop it.
    -phone gets 'clogged up', and needs to be rebooted often. Bogs down, cant figure out any solution otherwise. Tried with and without compcache.
    -camera has a lot of issues, pretty much I can take one or two photos, then afterwards it either force closes, or causes a reboot.

I have others, but cant think of them all. Currently Im testing other roms, but if I dont find a stable one, Im going to deem my phone unfit for GB
  15. redoregon

redoregon Member

The more you got running, the more memory needed, the more like the phone's gonna kill something to get that memory. I've found a lighter home app helps.

Have you tried a lighter home app? I used to run either ADW or Launcher, but I've found 90% of my requirements are handled just as well by Zeam. And it's a heck of a lot lighter.

Of course, it's a new home, so takes some playing with to set it up just the way you want, but I think it's worth it for the extra speed in apps it seems to give me. I'd suggest giving it a good solid try, maybe over a full weekend at least, before you give up on GB for your phone.
  16. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

Most of the issues I'm having are intermittent small things that added all together are just "pretty buggy".
    1. The phone stops working, after 4 or 5 minutes fooling with it to figure out the phone isn't placing a call, reboot and all is good.
    2. WiFi and network data stops working, again after fooling with it 4 or 5 minutes either reboot or airplane mode on then off generally takes care of it.
    3. Phone rings but no answer button on the screen to answer it ... fool with it a bit then reboot and of course call the person back.
    4. Folders set up on the desktop won't open, reboot or later in the day they most times open.
    5. Open an application and it opens and immediately closes. Can't predict which app does it or how many times. It changes.
    6. The voice search or voice to text and it can't connect or will work a couple times then suddenly it stops working (can't connect), reboot fixes for a while or do nothing and later on, when you no longer need it, it starts working again without a reboot.
    7. Play a song on Winamp and the static is so bad you can barely hear the music over it, stop the song and start again, still static, shut down the app and restart it fixes it sometimes but sometimes you have to reboot the phone.
    and etc .....
    Its mostly a lot of little items similar to the ones above but not the same ones with any consistency. I have at least one or two issues with something everyday. Agreed most times I can get it fixed and working with a reboot, tinkering with it, or sometimes it fixes itself but it seems i'm spending more time getting it to work than I have in the past. I guess lack of stability or consistency would be a better term than pretty buggy. Also a note, when first installed it was a lot more trouble free but has gotten worse and worse. Maybe I need to clear the cache? Thinking back it seems like most fresh installs take a couple days to smooth out, then run sweet for a while, then get a lil buggy (not as stable) which might have something to do with the cache.
    I'll tinker a bit more.
  17. kev2316

kev2316 New Member

i also found my one and biggest issue with all gb roms including your's chevy is missed messages which is just unexceptable, i cant be missing messages with no way to check to see or recover these messages from people. Single most reason im almost about to go back tostock, there werent any messaging problems with 4.96 was there anyone?

*edit*when i say unexceptable i dont have any blame on you just saying like i cant use a rom like that haha i do love your work so i really hope someone can verify no messaging problems with 4.96 it was solely built off froyo right? and sorry for the poor typing i broke my hand and have a cast on it.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  18. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Did u use TiBU to restore any apps or data?? Those r a lot of problems ppl seem to have with old data being restored on top of a new GB ROM. And yes, u should wipe both caches, reg and dalvik just to be sure. If u did restore apps & data, wipe and reinstall ROM and do not use TiBu to restore anything....

Sent from my Droid
  19. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You guys with missing messages and apps getting killed - did you lock them into memory? It is a well-known issue running GB on an 'archaic' device such as the D1 that it has memory issues, specifically a lack of it. And the OS is killing apps you put into the background so that it can run what you just asked it to do (ie answer a call) ...
Search tags for this page

best froyo rom for droid 1

froyo rom og droid

stock rom og droid