FroYo Ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kauthor47, Jun 8, 2010.

1. kauthor47

kauthor47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seriously be the only person with this issue, but my posts keep getting buried in all the other threads.

Since installing FroYo, when I want to set a ringtone/notification tone, the list only shows the stock sounds and songs, and it doesn't see anything in my card, either in the "ringtones" folder, "sounds" folder, or "notifications" folder. When I long-press on a sound in Astro, the 'set as ringtone' options is dark and clicking it doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution?

2. xCaldazar

xCaldazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't notice it beforehand, but I am having the same problem. I also noticed that I had multiples of some of my ringtones. Haven't looked into the cause of the multiple tones issue though.

3. b-radisrad

b-radisrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also having the same problem. I had created custom ringtones on my computer with audacity and had no problems with 2.1. The only thing that I noticed was different with 2.2 and 2.1 was that the folders were now lowercase (e.g. Media is now media, Audio is now audio...and so on and so forth). I did rename my folders on my sd card in hopes that this would solve the issue however I am still unable to set my custom ringtones. Anyone have any ideas what's up?

4. finnsonc

finnsonc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I don't have a droid but I imagine that this would be the same with all android phones - if you have root and you use root explorer or a similar program and go to /system/media/audio/ringtones and put your ringtone file in there and reboot it will now be shown in the list