1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

FroYo Ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kauthor47, Jun 8, 2010.

1. kauthor47

kauthor47 New Member

I can't seriously be the only person with this issue, but my posts keep getting buried in all the other threads.

Since installing FroYo, when I want to set a ringtone/notification tone, the list only shows the stock sounds and songs, and it doesn't see anything in my card, either in the "ringtones" folder, "sounds" folder, or "notifications" folder. When I long-press on a sound in Astro, the 'set as ringtone' options is dark and clicking it doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution?
  2. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

Didn't notice it beforehand, but I am having the same problem. I also noticed that I had multiples of some of my ringtones. Haven't looked into the cause of the multiple tones issue though.
  3. b-radisrad

b-radisrad New Member

I'm also having the same problem. I had created custom ringtones on my computer with audacity and had no problems with 2.1. The only thing that I noticed was different with 2.2 and 2.1 was that the folders were now lowercase (e.g. Media is now media, Audio is now audio...and so on and so forth). I did rename my folders on my sd card in hopes that this would solve the issue however I am still unable to set my custom ringtones. Anyone have any ideas what's up?
  4. finnsonc

finnsonc New Member

Well, I don't have a droid but I imagine that this would be the same with all android phones - if you have root and you use root explorer or a similar program and go to /system/media/audio/ringtones and put your ringtone file in there and reboot it will now be shown in the list
Search tags for this page
android froyo personalized ringtone not working
android froyo ringtone add

froyo ringtone folder

froyo ringtones

how to add new notifications and ringtones android froyo
original ringtone for froyo
ringtones de froyo android