Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the3dolla

Reaction score
hmm

It does seem slower to me as well, wiped data and cfache..
Btw, I didn't have to download any apps they just auto downloaded and restored themselves. When I go to download flash though it just gives me an error, anyone else try? Also I lost my imobsters! I thought that was tied to your google account?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I may try it out but Ill go back to my Cyanogen Mod as it works flawlessly. Then When the Devs start making Froyo roms Ill stick to it.

Hogmeister

Reaction score
I'm using the .zip from the OP that is now removed. It's pretty effin' fast (haven't OCed yet) but there seems to be no 3G connection, which makes things like Market updates and phone calls a little tricky. Wifi works sporadically though! perhaps this is part of why that link is no longer on the OP.

yeah, i was told i installed wrong.. but i got the same results, the OS itself is quite fast with that release, but no 3g and the wifi is sporadic at best, works for a bit then shuts off and so on.

going to try the nandroid now tho

tampaboy1984

Reaction score
What was the first zip file that was posted for? I downloaded it and I'm going to try and install with zip option....anyone tried that file yet? its no longer in the first post but you can still download it from the second post.

djg08642

Reaction score
Flash is a no-go. The download site brings up the Market and then flashes an error. Flash sites say "You don't haz flash"

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I removed the link to the update zip... there was a bit too much info there.....sorry use the new files and all have SU access....on the zip 3g was not working...on the new links 3g is working...no wifi...please this is a big release so try to be patient...also remeber P3 and MDW could have not released and left it to them selves and enjoyed froyo without a word to be said.....

Su access is on my Droid som I will find out more now about that.

tampaboy1984

Reaction score
Probably going to go back to my BB 1.1 till this is better...thank god i backed up my BB 1.1 setup, I woulda been so &*$#^ if I wouldnt have before flashing the SLOW AS FROYO ROM....lol

C5O

Reaction score
I removed the link to the update zip... there was a bit too much info there.....sorry use the new files and all have SU access....on the zip 3g was not working...on the new links 3g is working...no wifi...please this is a big release so try to be patient...also remeber P3 and MDW could have not released and left it to them selves and enjoyed froyo without a word to be said.....

Su access is on my Droid som I will find out more now about that.

Do you know when an official update.zip will be released?

jase

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you giving this a try. I need my phone for my job, so I can't play along. But I'm following every word, jealous as heck. Gotta live vicariously for now, I guess.

chaosz3ro

Reaction score
no wifi?

how disappointing :( awesome of you guys to release this anyways.

Reaction score
Thank you for releasing this it's wicked fast and smooth. The new little changes are sweet. Market widget isn't for me but the recent apps pop up is different. This is really promising of what this phone will be capable of in the coming weeks.

Sent from my Droid

assquatch

Reaction score
neat, but i had to go back to my day to day rom for now.

thanks guys :)

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
we are going to put an update zip back up...ill let you know when the OP is updated

Status
Not open for further replies.