Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps in my A/Ced room... and if you use any app, browser or whiochever, it immediately jumps inot the 40c's... we really need a LV/LowTemp kernel for this ROM!!!... we may be doing some serious damage testing out this Beta... I've seen it approahing 50c!!... that is not too healthy for our Droids guys...

yea I also noticed the temp going up extremely fast but my lowest so far has been 30C and it goes as high as 40-43C and stays stable unless I multi task insanely. The only thing thats killing me is the inability to use tempMon to monitor the real time CPU temp.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps in my A/Ced room... and if you use any app, browser or whiochever, it immediately jumps inot the 40c's... we really need a LV/LowTemp kernel for this ROM!!!... we may be doing some serious damage testing out this Beta... I've seen it approahing 50c!!... that is not too healthy for our Droids guys...

Every post I have seen says that it can only read battery temps, that none of the apps are able to read CPU temps yet.
You can but I'd like to hear what sethmo used...

My phone is sitting idle right now in my AC'ed room and is running a battery temp of 36c, while my CPU is down to 34c...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

yea I also noticed the temp going up extremely fast but my lowest so far has been 30C and it goes as high as 40-43C and stays stable unless I multi task insanely. The only thing thats killing me is the inability to use tempMon to monitor the real time CPU temp.
Pretty similiar results for me, though my lowest as been around32/33c...

I think that sethmo is taliing about his battery temp...I PMed him to find out what app he used but no answer yet... it'd be interesting to me if he is indeed getting that low of a temp

iMoops

Reaction score
D/L and tried this thing out miami, and it's quick. No problems here!!!

???

Reaction score
finally... some other people have the issues I had. I felt like the only one and I must have done something wrong.

my phone got super hot after loading a few message boards. to the point it scared me without being able to see the CPU temp. not even setting it to 400 fixed it.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

OK... after leaing it idle in my very cold AC'ed room, I was able to get it as low as 27c/28c.... but as soon a s I use it it will jump up and start climbing to that 40+c mark...
what app is reading CPU temps?
System Panel...
but you need to go into it's menu and then monitor...at the bottom of the page, it desn't always refresh too fast but atleast we have some info...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps

Just to see I downloaded system moniter to check my cpu temps for sure, and as I thought cool as ever. I am running Helix, a live wallpaper, I loaded three different full websites in different windows at the same time, fox.tv, tnt.tv and a ps3 site and was running flash on the tnt site watching a show and the hottest temp I saw was 40°c this is only 104°f which is cooler than I have ever ran doing so much at once on 2.1, and the Droids processor is rated at so much more than you might think

This is from a Bugless Beast FAQ via GirLuvsDroid and peteralfanso"Our battery is rated at a max of 60C (140F), and our CPU's max is 90C (194F),although it's not recommended that you keep your CPU running at temps higher than 70C (158F) for any extended period of time"

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps

Just to see I downloaded system moniter to check my cpu temps for sure, and as I thought cool as ever. I am running Helix, a live wallpaper, I loaded three different full websites in different windows at the same time, fox.tv, tnt.tv and a ps3 site and was running flash on the tnt site watching a show and the hottest temp I saw was 40°c this is only 104°f which is cooler than I have ever ran doing so much at once on 2.1, and the Droids processor is rated at so much more than you might think

This is from a Bugless Beast FAQ via GirLuvsDroid and peteralfanso"Our battery is rated at a max of 60C (140F), and our CPU's max is 90C (194F),although it's not recommended that you keep your CPU running at temps higher than 70C (158F) for any extended period of time"

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space
Youm used System Monitor...which one??

Status
Not open for further replies.