Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohfire

Reaction score
Well, the latest version of SetCPU can be moved to SD Card.

how and why did you do it? Dumb question eh? Oh well, just curious LOL

I did it thru the Manage Application settings on the phone. I moved it to SD, moved it back to the phone.

I did it just to see if it would do it.....lol

LOL works for me, that is why they gave it to us to play

socer38910

Reaction score

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

FeverNK

Reaction score
After I installed this using SPRecovery, my droid won't get past the "droid" and "red dot" screen on startup. It cycles between them but never gets past. I had a nandroid recovery made at rooted 2.1, so I am able to revert to that with full functionality. I tried installing 2.2 twice but it did the same thing. Any help?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
After I installed this using SPRecovery, my droid won't get past the "droid" and "red dot" screen on startup. It cycles between them but never gets past. I had a nandroid recovery made at rooted 2.1, so I am able to revert to that with full functionality. I tried installing 2.2 twice but it did the same thing. Any help?

Are you doing the factory reset and wiping cache?

justreboot

Reaction score
Most are not comfortable to try it. Some don't care how it's done, they just want it.

It's just slightly annoying to see people constantly begging for something that would take them 20 minutes to do themselves. I feel sorry for the devs.

----
1. I'm Lazy...
2. Why re-invent the wheel/ If u have it share it... (lol)

---
aka / If I get ambitious enough I'll try to take apart the 2.1 NEX Theme and play... (that's what backups are for...)

Last edited by a moderator:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This has more then likely been addressed. Adb push not working even with update.zip of su. Just get permission denied.

Riddick

Reaction score
People are posting useless benchmarks that don't mean anything. Is this thing actually faster than 2.1 in real world use? if I over-clock this is it faster than an equivalent over-clocked custom rom? Does apps2sd work?

Anyone discover any bugs? Guess I'll just have to go in blind and figure it out for myself...

For me it seems faster. There are some times when it is glitchy, but all in all iam extremely impressed
Not sure about the apps2sd. I thinksome people have gotten it working though.

Do this: run Quadrant on 2.1 See how long its sits at the 11/12 part of the CPU test. Install Froyo and see how long it sits at 11/12 of the same test.

U will see a difference.

All that matters is how fast it works in normal use, not the benchmarks. Usually benchmarks correlate to a faster over-all phone but not always.

c0y0te

Reaction score
Everybody needs to format system and boot along with data/cache.

I've read 75% of this thread and I have no doubt that more people are having trouble with sprecovery than clockwork.

Is there something I don't know about spr? Why do so many people insist on using it? And why are paople not formatting system and boot? This really should be covered in the faqs.

I only say this because it is painful to read so many problems that people consistently have that could be easily avoided.

At least 30% of the problems I've read in this thread are spr specific and most others sound like system/boot sludge issues (unless its rom specific.)

I'd to help people out, but at this point I would be saying the same things over and over, which I understand is unavoidable to a certain degree, but this thread and many others would be much shorter if these issues were addressed in the op/faq and others were giving the advice.

Ditch spr, it hasn't been updated in months. Wipe system/ boot when switching roms. At least do this with adb if you can't leave spr for whatever reason. You will be amazed.

Equinoux

Reaction score
Error while flashing boot image!

Hey guys, I've been roaming this site since I got my Droid and signed up recently. Love this site. Now my question: I'm wondering if anybody else is getting the problem when trying to install the 2.2 ROM through Clockwork Recovery. I have been following the instructions, but when it tries to install it says the following:

Checking MD5 sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
REstoring boot image...
Error while flashing boot image!

I have been trying to get this to work for several hours now and can't seem to figure it out. I'm currently on Cyanogenmod with luna theme, but have also tried installing with 2.1 with root access and tried installing through SPRecovery. Your assistance will greatly be appreciated, thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.