Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacku

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten hulu to work

1. Open up your stock browser.
2. Type “about:debug” and press enter. (No quotations)
3. Hit “menu” and then select “Settings.” 4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the settings and tap on “UAString.”
5. Select “Desktop.”
6. Back out of settings and go to this URL: hulu.com/widget/player

DONE!

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FM radio

Wasn't froyo supposed to have an FM radio app? I thought id read that somewhere, but I could be mistaken.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do this: run Quadrant on 2.1 See how long its sits at the 11/12 part of the CPU test. Install Froyo and see how long it sits at 11/12 of the same test.

U will see a difference.

See I don't get this. Why should I care how long it takes for step 11/12 on some benchmark test? How is that going to improve my user experience in any way?

Because its actually using the app faster? Processing that part of the test on 2.1 takes longer. Try browsing with the stock browser on 2.1 and 2.2 See which one loads pages faster. Change the User Agent to Desktop and browse on 2.1 and 2.2 and see which one is faster.

kepley

Reaction score
Error while flashing boot image!

Afternoon, DF!

I've searched the thread and haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. I've tried Clockwork with the Clockwork files and I've also tried SPRecovery with the SPRecovery files. When trying to do a restore of the Froyo image in ClockworkMod, I get the message, "Error while flashing boot image!" I've done everything I can think of to fix it. When trying to advanced restore parts of the backup separately (boot, system) I noticed that system will restore properly. Boot however, gives me the same error message.

When trying in SPRecovery, it will seemingly advanced restore corerctly, however it will never stop boot looping the Motorola logo. I even went a little crazy and used the Advance Restore to restore the system files of Froyo with the boot files of BB v1.1. Needless to say that didn't work.

I really love everyone here and although I haven't posted much, you've all helped me out more times than I can count. Thanks in advance! dancedroid

junpar

Reaction score
Is there a way we can get the DROID neural wallpaper back? The neural wallpaper on this, when you set it as your wallpaper is the regular nexus wallpaper with red moving pixels. I would like the neural wallpaper for the droid with the darker background.. Thanks!

kepley

Reaction score
kepley -

try wiping data and cache 3x each and then doing a SPR nandroid restore

Eh, still looping at the M logo.. I guess I'm destined to be with BB1.1 till another version is released. Oddly enough I don't seem that upset.( :icon_evil: ) Haha, thanks tough.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kepley -

try wiping data and cache 3x each and then doing a SPR nandroid restore

Eh, still looping at the M logo.. I guess I'm destined to be with BB1.1 till another version is released. Oddly enough I don't seem that upset.( :icon_evil: ) Haha, thanks tough.

Looping at the M logo is a Kernel issue. Try installing on of P3droid's kernels. then delsect boot.img whne you do the Nandroid restore.

hacku

Reaction score

nyijedi

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just downloaded and upgraded to 2.2. now i can't sync my g-mail. it says sync is now but won't sync and says "email will appear shortly". any suggestions?

Give it 15-45 minutes to finish the first sync.

it's been alot longer than that.

I have a lot of apps and it took probably a little over an hour. You won't see anything in the notification bar as it's happening, but when it's done, you'll get a message in the notification bar saying that "X apps were automatically restored."

hogowner

Reaction score
I hope now with froyo........slingbox will be available very soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.