Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
People are posting useless benchmarks that don't mean anything. Is this thing actually faster than 2.1 in real world use? if I over-clock this is it faster than an equivalent over-clocked custom rom? Does apps2sd work?

Anyone discover any bugs? Guess I'll just have to go in blind and figure it out for myself...

For me it seems faster. There are some times when it is glitchy, but all in all iam extremely impressed
Not sure about the apps2sd. I thinksome people have gotten it working though.

Do this: run Quadrant on 2.1 See how long its sits at the 11/12 part of the CPU test. Install Froyo and see how long it sits at 11/12 of the same test.

U will see a difference.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If any one does figure out a working solution to rsdlite on a mac pm me. I want to get a tutorial out on it. Hook, I still have not heard from MW, I been doing some research on it to no lluck so far. My only solution to u is download the files on to a pen drive and go to ur local library.

superglen99

Reaction score
Froyo app drawer can take a full minute to load sometimes, any help? Also when I set adw as default and hit home it always goes to default launche even after phone restart, any ideas? And rom/manager won't let me fix permissions and my htc keyboard always force closes. Help please!!!

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I installed this and it is working greatly, however...for some reason my battery drained from 90% to 5% in 1 hour. I don't have any high-battery programs running or anything, just thought it was a little weird. Flash is very slow...I thought it would be fast. Oh well. dancedroid

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Froyo app drawer can take a full minute to load sometimes, any help? Also when I set adw as default and hit home it always goes to default launche even after phone restart, any ideas? And rom/manager won't let me fix permissions and my htc keyboard always force closes. Help please!!!

That's probably because if you have SETCPU its automatically safeguarding your device by running at 342mhz. Go enable SetCPU and change the frequency to the stock frequency (around 600mhz) and it'll work just fine.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I know, I did the edit on his post.
Be patient...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

peterjariel

Reaction score
I know I saw this somewhere but I cant find it now how can I install maps it doesn't want to install.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Anyone know which p3 kernel is the real 1.0ghz one? The kernels p3 posted on the link in the OP are all mixed up with speeds with the wrong names and such...

peterpressure

Reaction score
Swype was not working for me until I went back into the Recovery Mode and cleared my cache one more time. I had this happen goign to BBv.8 awhile ago as well.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Do this: run Quadrant on 2.1 See how long its sits at the 11/12 part of the CPU test. Install Froyo and see how long it sits at 11/12 of the same test.

U will see a difference.

See I don't get this. Why should I care how long it takes for step 11/12 on some benchmark test? How is that going to improve my user experience in any way?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone else not make a Nandroid backup?
I'm using Spr and simple and advanced backups won't work
just sits saying "attempting nandriod backup"

Status
Not open for further replies.