Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

C5O

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud......

Here's my dilemma: I'm running stock 2.1 but I want Froyo so bad I can taste it, but I would have to use a PC to install the sbf file using rsd lite, and all my links, downloads, etc are on my Mac. Its harder then hell to get to the USB, and I'm too lazy to type everything in manually.

Miami says they are going to put out a release for stock users, but the problem with that is when the real 2.2 comes out the phone won't pick it up unless you go back to stock 2.1. Anybody figured that out?

Then you got CK in my head telling me that it's not going to be released for months, and I don't want to wait months. He could be wrong and it might come out in a week.

I think I'm kind of stuck. Somebody else is suppose to get back to me about a possible Mac solution but I haven't heard from that person yet.

I think I'll just take my chances on that stock rebuild and deal with the real 2.2 later. Now where is that, Miami?:)

I think I am going to do that too. It's not hard to get back to stock 2.1 using RSD. It's hard to brick your phone. I disconnected my phone during the process and nothing happened.

Natolx

Reaction score
The OC/Wireless kernals linked at the bottom are EXTREMELY slow for me. So much so that the live wallpaper skips... and yes I did a complete data wipe

droid-froyo.png

Well You heard me post about it ealier tonight. I have also made reference to this for weeks.

What has this and every other Android community wanted? Well Froyo of course for whatever device you are carrying!!!

Well thanks to MDW and P3Droid we have the full rom YES that's right the full ROM for public release!!!!

This is actually 2.2 Froyo RC build for us to play with. Only at MDW or Droidforums will you find this file!!!

A special thanks needs to be sent out to BBcrackman, P3, Olta and the MDW staff!!!! Without them and our relationship with them none of this would be possible!!!!

froyo_droid.jpg

***Please do not post links on other websites without permission***

wuyanks froyo 2.2 video (including flash): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqgDLQ76Us

I know that everyone has been waiting for this to drop, including me. So without futher teasing or foreplay. Jump into the forum and get your froyo download.

Disclaimer: At this time the kernel has been changed to protect the original source, (you loose wifi) The original file has everything working at this point in time.

Downloads:
These files are nandroid backups. You must download them, extract them, and then place in the appropriate folder.

Install Instructions Clockwork Recovery:
1) Download file
2) Extract folder named 2010-06-05.06.15.32
3) Place folder 2010-06-05.06.15.32 in the /sdcard/clockwork/backup folder on your sdcard
4) Restart phone in recovery
5) Go to nandroid, select restore, select the above folder and press the camera button.

Install Instructions SP Recovery:
1) Download file
2) Extract folder named froyo-BS-20100605-0547
3) Place BS-20100605-0547 in the /sdcard/nandroid folder on your sdcard
4) Restart phone in recovery
5) Go to Backup/Restore, select advanced restore, select the above folder and press the camera button.

Clockwork Recovery Nandroid:

Download 1

mirror #1

mirror #2

SP Recovery Nandroid:

Download 1

mirror #1

mirror #2

added to the fun is img.droidforums.net/roms/P3DF-Flash.zip

flash

Instructions for installing flash are dowenload the file. Extract the files via 7zip or a like program. Move the full APK to your card ( I put mine in the download file) install using astro or a like app. Enjoy

img.droidforums.net/roms/update.zip

above are the root files needed for SPrecover root. Please just falsh as an update zip and it should give SU permissions back

UPDATE: Link to P3Droid OC Kernals with Wifi and 3G! (see link below):

Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix

Here it is. It is post #966 for some reason now...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
hook install it...the ROMS that will be released (stock or otherwise) will be essentially the same thing as the official OTA when it comes out.

root hook....you will get the best of both worlds.

You can run stock 2.2 or a bunch of custom 2.2 ROMS down the road.

It's all the same.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hook install it...the ROMS that will be released (stock or otherwise) will be essentially the same thing as the official OTA when it comes out.

root hook....you will get the best of both worlds.

You can run stock 2.2 or a bunch of custom 2.2 ROMS down the road.

It's all the same.

I can't root, man. I would if I could get SPRecovery to load with RSD Lite, but it won't work on my virtual machine.

That's why I'm waiting on Miami. Once that comes out I'll do it in a heartbeat.

sethmo

Reaction score
Here's my full story:
1) I installed froyo on my droid
2) Dl'd and installed p3's "1ghz" kernel, but it actually turned out to be his 600mhz kernel
3) Dl'd his "1.25ghz" kernel, which is supposedly his real 1ghz kernel
4) Installed the new kernel
5) Went in to SetCPU to change my overclocking settings
6) Found out that my max speed was still 600mhz

Download 'ROM Manager' from the market(Clockworkmod Recoveries manager).

1) 'Flash Alternate Recovery' twice
2) 'Flash Clockworkmod Recovery' once
3) Install the kernel with 'Install ROM from SD Card'

Should work. Should be able to get into SPR now.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Titanium backup is saying that i dont have root but i do and inside the ninja app titanium is on . does this rom has busybox?

socer38910

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just downloaded and upgraded to 2.2. now i can't sync my g-mail. it says sync is now but won't sync and says "email will appear shortly". any suggestions?

Samurai26

Reaction score
Which p3 kernel is the 1ghz one? Turns out they are all mixed up and his 1ghz kernel is actually 600mhz, and his 1.25 kernel is actually 1.1mhz...

peterjariel

Reaction score
Titanium backup is saying that i dont have root but i do and inside the ninja app titanium is on . does this rom has busybox?
install via Titanium

Open Titanium and click the "Problems?" button.
thank you both i got it working!!!!!

Riddick

Reaction score
People are posting useless benchmarks that don't mean anything. Is this thing actually faster than 2.1 in real world use? if I over-clock this is it faster than an equivalent over-clocked custom rom? Does apps2sd work?

Anyone discover any bugs? Guess I'll just have to go in blind and figure it out for myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.