Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chotoboy

Reaction score
Ok help please.. i installed everything on my droid and everything worked from the start. Maps, I kept root, and everything came back. But on my gf's phone I have the little ninja dude in the app drawer and rom manager detets root but setcpu doesnt detect root and opens in read only mode. What did I do wrong? both installed the same way just coming from different roms. I was on BB and she was on NexBeast wiped data and cache 3 times each. Thanks guys

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
sorry if this was answered earlier but how do i get wifi hotspot? i read that i had to get a wifi tethering app, but is there a specific one that i need?

wireless tether from the market.

Kineo

Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok help please.. i installed everything on my droid and everything worked from the start. Maps, I kept root, and everything came back. But on my gf's phone I have the little ninja dude in the app drawer and rom manager detets root but setcpu doesnt detect root and opens in read only mode. What did I do wrong? both installed the same way just coming from different roms. I was on BB and she was on NexBeast wiped data and cache 3 times each. Thanks guys
go into the su app (ninja) and make sure Set cpu has su permissions

neonerz

Reaction score
Anybody got tips on making Swype (or another keyboard like HTC) work on 2.2 ?

The Swype APK I have loads but dosent function correctly.

Which one do you have? the beta 5612 one is working for me ok. swype beta 5612 - Google Search

Awesome, thanks! The version I had for 2.1 didn't work correctly, this works like a charm.

You don't happen to be the Michael Campbell that works for a certain bed manufacturer in NJ by any chance, are you?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Anybody got tips on making Swype (or another keyboard like HTC) work on 2.2 ?

The Swype APK I have loads but dosent function correctly.

Which one do you have? the beta 5612 one is working for me ok. swype beta 5612 - Google Search

Awesome, thanks! The version I had for 2.1 didn't work correctly, this works like a charm.

You don't happen to be the Michael Campbell that works for a certain bed manufacturer in NJ by any chance, are you?

If he owes you money then no, it's not him.
If you owe him money then it is him.

:p

Samurai26

Reaction score
Here's my full story:
1) I installed froyo on my droid
2) Dl'd and installed p3's "1ghz" kernel, but it actually turned out to be his 600mhz kernel
3) Dl'd his "1.25ghz" kernel, which is supposedly his real 1ghz kernel
4) Installed the new kernel
5) Went in to SetCPU to change my overclocking settings
6) Found out that my max speed was still 600mhz

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
~POSTING LINKS TO THE CLOSED BETA FOR SWYPE IS AGAINST FORUM GUIDELINES AND ILLEGAL.~

Swype is NOT a public beta so please do not post any links or discuss how to obtain it.

Thank you.

neonerz

Reaction score
anyone else having titanium reboot the phone when attempting to restore apps?

I was having a ton of issues using Titanium, MyBackup Pro too. I ended up just using EStrong File Manager to back up all the APKs, and install cleanly.

If he owes you money then no, it's not him.
If you owe him money then it is him.

:p

Well, if it's who I think it may be. He kind of does owe me money, in the sense that he's a client of mine :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i installed ud froyo rom can i install the clean black theme over the topp?
You can try but I doubt it will work. UD is using custom scripts and theme MAY break permissions. You can always back up and try though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud......

Here's my dilemma: I'm running stock 2.1 but I want Froyo so bad I can taste it, but I would have to use a PC to install the sbf file using rsd lite, and all my links, downloads, etc are on my Mac. Its harder then hell to get to the USB, and I'm too lazy to type everything in manually.

Miami says they are going to put out a release for stock users, but the problem with that is when the real 2.2 comes out the phone won't pick it up unless you go back to stock 2.1. Anybody figured that out?

Then you got CK in my head telling me that it's not going to be released for months, and I don't want to wait months. He could be wrong and it might come out in a week.

I think I'm kind of stuck. Somebody else is suppose to get back to me about a possible Mac solution but I haven't heard from that person yet.

I think I'll just take my chances on that stock rebuild and deal with the real 2.2 later. Now where is that, Miami?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.