Froyo Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JWirtz89, Sep 8, 2010.

1. JWirtz89

JWirtz89 New Member

Ok, so I rooted my Droid over the summer and got the Froyo update on my own with the market fix and flash. I then updated that ROM to the FR84B build. I am still currently using this same exact build with no custom ROM. Ever since Froyo became available OTA for the Droid I keep getting the message wanting me to update. I keep clicking install later but it comes back all the time. At one point I told it to do the update just to stop the damn message. When it tried to update it booted into SPRecovery and then after a few moments said the update failed. Now when it did this it rebooted normally into Android, except my phone had sent old text messages to about 5 of my contacts without my knowledge. The update message hadn't come back until last week. I don't know what I should do, I want the thing to stop bugging me but I don't want it to send texts out again. Any thoughts?
  2. JWirtz89

JWirtz89 New Member

Any advice?
  3. Stoney0102

Stoney0102 New Member

My guess is that when SPR blocks the update, its reflashing some old data and maybe when you made the nandorid you had some texts in an outbox. Thats really the only thing I can think of. Maybe make a new nandroid. Other than that only thing i can suggest is flash a differ rom.
  4. BigZig

BigZig New Member

Not to sure why it would send txt out but the best thing to do is just flash a rooted version of frg22d this should stop the ota notifications