1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo problems with Kernals

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jsimps0110, Jul 9, 2010.

1. jsimps0110

jsimps0110 New Member

I have recently went back and forth between JRummy's Kangarade and Ultimate Droid's Froyo Extreme 2.5. With both roms I tried to install both the bekit kernals and the Chevys kernals and every time I install them and reboot, my phone keeps restarting continuously after the motorola symbol appears. Is anyone else having similar issues with their froyo roms and kernals?
  2. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I am not experiencing that problem. I am running Jrummy's Kangerade Droid X Theme Rom with Chevy's ULV 1200mhz kernel. I have always used the same kernel for all of the roms I have loaded on my phone.
  3. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 New Member

try using a different kernel.
    start with the chevy's ULV kernel and move up to LV and then MV or standard voltage.

im not having any reboot issues either.

:icon_ banana:
  4. virtaclesmile

virtaclesmile New Member

I,as well, am not having any issues. I will say, however, that after experimenting with different kernals, that the ultralows, and lows do not work for MY droid. The medium voltage kernels seem to work great. I have read that low voltage kernels could cause boot loops. You might want to try a higher voltage. I currently use 2.6.32-medV-1.0Ghz chevyno1@ubuntu#2 and it works great. Froyo build FRF84B
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Try P3's Kernels. They work like a charm. I use a low voltage 125/1100 kernel, no problems.
  6. craighwk

craighwk New Member

I have the best success with Chevy's 7 slot 1.0 LV kernel. No problems at all and the phone runs cool and smooth.
  7. jsimps0110

jsimps0110 New Member

Thanks for the tips, Ive tried all the different ones but to no avail. The odd thing about it is that these same kernals worked when I had UD froyo extreme 2.0 and lower. Now all of a sudden I cant install a new froyo rom with a kernal without the boot loops.