Froyo problems after 2.2 update on my wife's fascinate

mnidoka

Reaction score
My wife has a stock Fascinate and it is not rooted. After she did the update a couple of days ago, her camera has stopped working. When you launch it, it says "Please wait..." and never opens. Also her messaging is slow to open. When she opens it, it has a black screen for several moments and then it opens. Lastly, her phone seems to move slightly slower than the previous version. Does anyone have any suggestions?

dshinnick

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but if you take it into the store they'll ask you if you did a cold boot (power off, remove battery, replace, power up).

Next thing to do is a factory reset. It's in the Menu/Settings/Privacy menu.

It'll be like having just bought the phone; be sure important things are backed up.

If those two don't fix it, then it's time to bring it in.

smcg

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset on my phone with the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

swatson81

Reaction score
Camera Issues

I'm having the same issue. Not really looking for a factory reset as there are several quite large apps that I have which can't be saved to my card. Any other work arounds yet? Also after the factory reset, I'm assuming it still use froyo as the os and not revert back to eclair?

Thanks

SCH-I500

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Not really looking for a factory reset as there are several quite large apps that I have which can't be saved to my card. Any other work arounds yet? Also after the factory reset, I'm assuming it still use froyo as the os and not revert back to eclair?

Thanks

SCH-I500

Your apps are backed up by the Market. The only issue would be if you had data tied with the app, for example Home Run Battle 3D. Your app would return but anything you purchased or won would be lost.

swatson81

Reaction score
well, I factory reset and it fixed the camera stuff but I did lose lots of apps, even ones that should have been saved in the market ie things that are no longer available in the market. I had saved a lot of my apps to sd card as well assuming the phone would be able to run them immediately after the reset which was not the case (any fixes or tips for that?). Also things like slang saved for texting and swype keyboard are gone.

-Sean

laosta

Reaction score
well, I factory reset and it fixed the camera stuff but I did lose lots of apps, even ones that should have been saved in the market ie things that are no longer available in the market. I had saved a lot of my apps to sd card as well assuming the phone would be able to run them immediately after the reset which was not the case (any fixes or tips for that?). Also things like slang saved for texting and swype keyboard are gone.

-Sean

So is your phone still running froyo because i have the same problem

swatson81

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm still running froyo. So the reset fixes the cam but the phone was still laggy. To fix the additional lag, undocking and removing the mem card worked wonders.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums