froyo or no froyo??

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ktmrider, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ktmrider

ktmrider New Member

I am running cyanogenmod on my moto droid, and was wondering what everybody thought about the froyo update coming next week. Shoul i stick with the cyanogen or get the update?? Any input would be appreciated.dancedroid
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, what are you running now? If you're running the latest leaked version of Froyo on that custom ROM then you are already all set, because that's the same version that's going out OTA.

If you are running 2.1 then I would say don't wait, update now to 2.2 and if you want find a custom ROM that works with 2.2.
  3. neubanks89

neubanks89 New Member

Ota for me. I think people underestimate the value in the official software.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

CyanogenMod 6 is froyo source based. It's at Release Candidate 2 currently.

My brother is running it with no issues and likes it a lot (he was running CM 5.7).
  5. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Personally I won't go back to stock for the update. My phone runs smooth now running 2.2 so for me there is no reason to
  6. hkseo100

hkseo100 New Member

sorry, noob here. this might be a thread jack (but it's related to froyo), i heard that 2.1 had a 30fps graphics acceleration limitation while 2.0 didn't?, does Froyo get rid of that limitation?
  7. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

I know this is an old thread but I felt like rekindling some of my memories of my original Droid and this was from back when we were waiting on Froyo to come out. That was such a great time. That fall was when I decided to get into Android hacking & taught myself how to root and started crack flashing & overclocking. What an adventure its been. I'm so glad I got that phone. I just knew it looked badass & it was a rebel against the iPhone. Now I'm a Sophomore in Computer Science in college and who knows if I would've went into programming if I hadn't got that phone. I probably would've but who knows? It might've significantly altered my life by getting that Droiddancedroid
  8. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

Anyone else start out with the og Droid and have it influence ur life or ur future?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

Bumpy cake bump

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I started out with the og droid and have been all android ever since.
  11. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

I wouldn't say it changed my life, but I'm a little older than you. It certainly reflects my life. I'm a tweaker and a tinkerer in general. My car has a home built standalone engine control system, my last computer build ran at stock speeds for all of 48 hours before I started pushing the clocks and has 4 operating systems installed (2 stable/ready for anything, 2 "experiemental"), and when I see something I don't like in a product my first thought is typically "How can I make that work for me?".

So yea, my Droid suited me perfectly. Now I've "moved on" to the Galaxy Nexus and I use my 0G for a media player in my car, but the attitude remains the same.