Froyo on X

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I get error after "verifying current system"...

assert failed: apply patch check /system/build.prop

error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)

any ideas? Thanks for the help

I'm rooted but removed no bloatware and removed my theme and bootstrap as well

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I get error after "verifying current system"...

assert failed: apply patch check /system/build.prop

error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)

any ideas? Thanks for the help

I'm rooted but removed no bloatware and removed my theme and bootstrap as well

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out... for some reason after I did Fabulous's theme remover it still has 928 black glass X as my build name

GThree

Reaction score
Ok, I've installed it and it didn't auto-reset, so I just rebooted my phone. Quick question. I read a lil bit earlier that some guy said flash is working. How do I get flash on my phone now that I'm running 2.2??

DragTheRake

Reaction score
Threw caution to the wind since nobody answered my last post, and installed anyway.
I can already see a major difference in performance, and it's prettier too! dancedroid

GThree

Reaction score
Threw caution to the wind since nobody answered my last post, and installed anyway.
I can already see a major difference in performance, and it's prettier too! dancedroid

It's very smooth and fast. i love it. Now, how to get flash on this bad boy.

Thats all i want now. lol

DragTheRake

Reaction score

Looks like flash is already installed! If you look under the stock application manager its in there!

TurboTech

Reaction score
OK guys total noob question here...I downloaded the non-root zip file and I can see it in astro in the download section of the s/d card...How do I move it to the root of the sd card, I'm not really sure what that means to be honest...My Dx is un-rooted and completely stock...

Root on the SD card is simply dropping the file onto the card without putting it in any file.

Ok, so do i have to do that from my pc with the phone connected, or can i do that with astro...I downloaded the file straight to my phone...Should i have downloaded it to pc?

bigd73

Reaction score
OK guys total noob question here...I downloaded the non-root zip file and I can see it in astro in the download section of the s/d card...How do I move it to the root of the sd card, I'm not really sure what that means to be honest...My Dx is un-rooted and completely stock...

Root on the SD card is simply dropping the file onto the card without putting it in any file.

Ok, so do i have to do that from my pc with the phone connected, or can i do that with astro...I downloaded the file straight to my phone...Should i have downloaded it to pc?
Using Astro is fine, as long as the file is placed on the sdcard but not under any folders.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like flash is already installed! If you look under the stock application manager its in there!

Wow. That's a bonus. You sure about that? Well, you must be or else you wouldn't have wrote it. ;)

GThree

Reaction score

Weird thing. I was using my Browswer Shortcut and flash wouldn't work, but when I went into my apps, and selected the browser, it works fine. Weird, why that would happen? Anywhoooo

Flash is awesome though! dancedroid

DragTheRake

Reaction score

Weird thing. I was using my Browswer Shortcut and flash wouldn't work, but when I went into my apps, and selected the browser, it works fine. Weird, why that would happen? Anywhoooo

Flash is awesome though! dancedroid

Yup, just watched a video in the browser on youtube! Worked like a charm fullscreen :)

REARless

Reaction score
What happens now if I do a factory reset?

Rooted and did the update to Froyo.

The Switch Pro widget has a bug that disables the screen lock. I can't find anyway to get it back even with installing and uninstalling the Switch Pro widget.

Does anyone know what will happen if I do a factory reset? Will I still have 2.2?

HeroNova

Reaction score
Unrooted and just finished the install. The unlock screen seems a little laggy but I rebooted the phone once more and I'll see how it turns out.