Froyo on X

triptens

Reaction score
I'm getting my droid today in the mail. If I want to root should I do it first then update or update then root.

Thanks in advance for any help. Keep up the good work!

Nadious

Reaction score
I wonder why my quadrant score went down!? I was at 1250 with 2.1 now at 1205 with 2.2...

I didn't run quadrant before the update, but my X is rooted, has all the bloatware enabled and gave me a 1334 Quadrant. On the bar graph, it looks even with the Nexus One on 2.2.

I had gotten up to 1150 - 1200 on my stock 2.1 Droid (unrooted.) I just ran it now that I'm Froyo and my results were: 1410, ABOVE the Nexus One 2.2+ bar.

Again, that's just stock (with bloatware) and unrooted.

DragTheRake

Reaction score
I'm a noob, but totally excited about this, and I have a simple question (that may have already been answered). If i run this update, will I potentially lose ANYTHING that is on my phone now. Apps are not as much of a big deal, but if there is even a slight chance i will lose any music or ringtones or pictures, thats probably going to scare me off.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yay Team! An amazing job by everyone involved. There was and continues to be a lot of drama surrounding this release and I wanted to congratulate P3Droid and Birdman and all the other contributors for persevering through it and achieving success.

This wasn't easy...I hope everyone appreciates that fact! :D

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys.. what's the best way to back up my current phone state so that I can go back to if 2.2 upgrade doesn't work out for me?

TurboTech

Reaction score
OK guys total noob question here...I downloaded the non-root zip file and I can see it in astro in the download section of the s/d card...How do I move it to the root of the sd card, I'm not really sure what that means to be honest...My Dx is un-rooted and completely stock...

bucknutz

Reaction score
Just installed with non-root with no issues so far. Im all smiles thanks everyone who contributed.

bucknutz

Reaction score
OK guys total noob question here...I downloaded the non-root zip file and I can see it in astro in the download section of the s/d card...How do I move it to the root of the sd card, I'm not really sure what that means to be honest...My Dx is un-rooted and completely stock...

Root on the SD card is simply dropping the file onto the card without putting it in any file.