Froyo on X

parkbsu

Reaction score
Is anyone running into a problem with the Market after doing the update? I'm getting the "an error has occurred - please try again later". The screen that it is trying to hit in the background looks like the "android market terms of service" page. I was rooted prior to the update, followed the steps on the post (even moving su from bin to xbin) and everything looked good during the install. Any thoughts?

Nadious

Reaction score
No problem here. In fact, I got all kinds of notifications of app updates. One thing I have noticed big time, is that the notifications on this seems to be much more efficient and delivered quicker. Maybe it is just me, but I'm getting two to three times the notification updates before this update.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Doing the rooted update now. I haven't been this thrilled since I jailbroke my iPhone 2G for the very first time. God I hope all goes well. I don't want to lost any of my stuff.

parkbsu

Reaction score
Wasn't a problem at all...phone just needed some time to sync the account and get back to normal. Everything is working fine now!

Is anyone running into a problem with the Market after doing the update? I'm getting the "an error has occurred - please try again later". The screen that it is trying to hit in the background looks like the "android market terms of service" page. I was rooted prior to the update, followed the steps on the post (even moving su from bin to xbin) and everything looked good during the install. Any thoughts?

richardsugg

Reaction score
AllDroid
You MUST uninstall Koush's "recovery" and reboot before trying to update to 2.2

I did not have this installed. (I believe you were refencing my problem).

Same here. It took about 20 minutes for my droid x to boot, but it finally came up. The buttons have not worked yet, and the screen is only sometimes responsive. It's like it's super busy and can't respond to my touch. I was finally able to click on Astro file manager, but I wasn't able to get to the downloads directory to install Koush's recovery. It just won't respond to the hard buttons or my touch.

Any suggestions?

richardsugg

Reaction score
AllDroid
You MUST uninstall Koush's "recovery" and reboot before trying to update to 2.2

I did not have this installed. (I believe you were refencing my problem).

Same here. It took about 20 minutes for my droid x to boot, but it finally came up. The buttons have not worked yet, and the screen is only sometimes responsive. It's like it's super busy and can't respond to my touch. I was finally able to click on Astro file manager, but I wasn't able to get to the downloads directory to install Koush's recovery. It just won't respond to the hard buttons or my touch.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, and if I unplug the USB cable, the screen goes off immediately. If I plug it back in, it comes back on to the same place I was.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Doing the rooted update now. I haven't been this thrilled since I jailbroke my iPhone 2G for the very first time. God I hope all goes well. I don't want to lost any of my stuff.

Update is finished. PHone rings just fine, no vibrate only bug.

All my apps stayed just fine. Root stayed fine too. Tethering appears to work. I have no wifi device to test it, but it started tethering just fine. Market loads just fine too. Yay for 'Update All'.

All in all, it appears to work just fine. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Attachments

• CAP201008200821.jpg
    CAP201008200821.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 171

713King

Reaction score
Someone said that the quadrant scores have a bug and not giving out the correct results? I think it was P3Droid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I wonder why my quadrant score went down!? I was at 1250 with 2.1 now at 1205 with 2.2...

Bloatware maybe taking up resources?

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, my update took maybe 3-4 minutes. After it booted, it took about 30 seconds to get my signal back and could make/receive calls. It then synced everything and after that my phone is smooth as silk.

josg21

Reaction score
Well, I have it installed, and I must say, it does not seem to be any faster. If anything, it seems to lag more

Nadious

Reaction score
Ok, after a ton of time messing around with this this morning, I FINALLY got my ringer back! I'm not sure how... but it is now ringing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't heard the ringtone in like..... 4 weeks!!!!!!!!

I'm more excited about this than running Froyo. Hahahah.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I wonder why my quadrant score went down!? I was at 1250 with 2.1 now at 1205 with 2.2...

I didn't run quadrant before the update, but my X is rooted, has all the bloatware enabled and gave me a 1334 Quadrant. On the bar graph, it looks even with the Nexus One on 2.2.

richardsugg

Reaction score
Ok - apparently I was just panicking. It seems to have finished doing whatever it was doing and it now working. Unbelievable. Donation to the hackers on the way.