Froyo official release and MS Exchange Server

Hawk600

Reaction score
Does anybody now if we can now choose more than one folder (Inbox) to sync? For instance "sent items", or any other custom folder created in the server?
I have some folders that I need to sync and the leaked 2.2 Froyo did not have an option to pick folders. I hope they have corrected this issue in the new release.
I am now using Moxier email (nice and stable app) instead Touchdown (nice but crashes a lot) but I rather use the native app if it works :)
Thanks!

garath

Reaction score
Does anybody now if we can now choose more than one folder (Inbox) to sync? For instance "sent items", or any other custom folder created in the server?
I have some folders that I need to sync and the leaked 2.2 Froyo did not have an option to pick folders. I hope they have corrected this issue in the new release.
I am now using Moxier email (nice and stable app) instead Touchdown (nice but crashes a lot) but I rather use the native app if it works :)
Thanks!

Doesn't look like it :(

Hiker5208

Reaction score
try this one...

I switched over to this app:

Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

I think the donate version will do what you need, I have not played with that yet, but it looks to support it. There are some other small qualities about it that I liked it enough to switch over. The donate version is only $1.50.

Thanks!

OP
H

Hawk600

Reaction score
Too bad if they did not fix this issue yet after all the time they took to release Froyo on the X. :icon_evil:

Thank you for the link Hiker5208, I will be checking out Improved Email.
No doubt the price is a lot better than Moxier or Exchange by Toutchdown.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
The issue for me is none of the others support multiple exchange servers at the same time. You have to change profiles with Touchdown.

To be honest, I have not looked at Moxier the price is too high.

Too bad if they did not fix this issue yet after all the time they took to release Froyo on the X. :icon_evil:

Thank you for the link Hiker5208, I will be checking out Improved Email.
No doubt the price is a lot better than Moxier or Exchange by Toutchdown.

jature

Reaction score
Yeah, that's one of my biggest complaints. Having to sit there and wait for a sub-folder to update is just ridiculous. My previous phone, the Moto Q9h, was great at this.

I wonder if you could almost write an app that simply went into the folders ever so often in the background to trigger an update.

OP
H

Hawk600

Reaction score

I think the donate version will do what you need, I have not played with that yet, but it looks to support it. There are some other small qualities about it that I liked it enough to switch over. The donate version is only $1.50.

Unfortunatelly Improved Email did not work on my Droid X.
I am getting an error message: "This server requires security features your phone does not have" ????
All other email apps works fine so I am assuming the app needs more work.

OP
H

Hawk600

Reaction score

Unfortunatelly Improved Email did not work on my Droid X.
I am getting an error message: "This server requires security features your phone does not have" ????
It won't uninstall as well!
All other email apps works fine so I am assuming the app needs more work.