1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo kinda theme question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by o Fi1thy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

Not sure if this has been answered yet and yes ive used the search to no avail. Or if this even belongs in this section. hahaha annnnnywho....

This is a small petpeeve that just is driving me nuts

On the stock messaging app, is there anyway to make my facebook picture appear by "Me" instead of the Android? Like i said. Silly little thing that just drives me up a wall
  2. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I would like to know if there's a way to do this also.

Sent from my Droid
  3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I'm pretty sure you need to have yourself in your contact list with your phone number. Your contact list will then sync your FB picture and then you'll see it in the app.
  4. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

Wouldnt I need to be friends with myself on facebook? I dont think thats possible lol
  5. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

Just create an entry for yourself in Gmail contacts, complete with the picture of you. Your phone will import it and (I think, anyway) it should then appear in the messaging app.

HTH,

-Mike
  6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ya I actually just changed my google photo for that reason. Still, can't wait till we get the source and can alter the white background in some of these apps. eek.
  7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

why wait for source

most can be done now with a little time and patience

I use root explorer, 7zip and paint.net to do all this now on 2.1 roms and froyo.
    EDIT: with help from other fellow droid themer's I did get MM 1.9.8.5 to work with froyo saving me a bit of time. I do my edits the same way but when done I put files into an already opened on my pc MM theme I previously used to change the ERI. I added the other folder from my framework res that had the pulldown, stock wallpaper those stupid huge droid pics for when we connect usb to froyo. Made the disconnected one RED and the connected Bright GREEN to match most of the other greens I have on this theme so far.

OH and I was tired of everytime I push something to framework-res having the default wallpaper come up. so I replaced that with my wallpaper no more issue :)

When pushing things back to framework I make sure I can [in bb use the shortcut reboot when done] or just manually shutdown and restart before I leave root explorer, other that that I never needed to use anything but those tools to edit all I have edited in both froyo and older roms.

since I been able to erase, backgrounds to make transparent dont wee why you couldnt just paint backgrounds to whatever color you want.

My issues have been trying to figure out what files, and how to go about editing them to change fonts on some of my apps. say facebook/twitter and myspace see here in my pic its kindof hard to see some things.
    [​IMG]
    Just to show im on froyo not bb with this phone I have BB on my other's though
    This is before I ran the MM
    [​IMG]
    Here's after with Yorks help I accomplished very closely to what I wanted here's after
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Yep, this works. That is what I did to get rid of the generic picture and have an actual picture of me next to Me in the texting app.

-Mike