Froyo issues

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried my freinds non-verizon doc and it charges :(
I put his in my doc it charges I just rooted and flacked his to BBv0.1 and now his wont charge in my verizon dock :(
while im typing im flashing his to one of the non BB froyo versions. I bet his still wont charge inmy doc, yet it does on his.

Anyone else with verizon's dock having this sort of issue. I wanted to stick with verizons dock to avoid this sort of issue :(

I could have gotten the cheap dock he has for 4$ off ebay :(
instead of paying full price at verizon for mine. Dont get me wrong mine worked great all the time I had it on 2.1 roms

One of them is Mikradle and the other is Motorola. Stock Verizon I assume is Motorola. Again I have no problems charging in that dock.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Yes the stock verizon's is Motorola

It has the M symbol on the right corner :(

got another friend with 2 motorola docks he says his works his wife's wont. So its looking to be a hit or miss thing right now.
Unless there is more than one version. I had friend look all over mine for a model number or something none seem to have any different markings. this is very strange cause motorola usually has great hardware, but at this point im ordering a cheepo doc since I use one of my moto droids as my alarm clock since i've had 3.

If anyone figure out how to tell the differences if there is any please let me know. For now I just ordered one for 4.49$ off ebay ;) non Motorola.
EDIT: just read this cheap one comes with doc only no cables or anything but no biggy since I have extra's already.

fUry327

Reaction score
I noticed my phone wasn't charging while using navigaton in the car dock yesterday. Arrived at my destination with 60% left. I even lowered my clock speed to 800mhz to see if that helped...it didn't.

I'm running the second release of froyo to hit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would suggest lowering your clock speed to stock levels (550/600) whenever you plug in to the car and use navigation. See if your phone charges then.

scorpion

Reaction score
i'm having 3g problem ?? i cant connect to any 3g. my wifi works fine an it's the only way it seems to be able to get data. anyone know how to fix this ?? i have tried reinstalling b.b an i have tried the new radio update. i have wiped cash etc .. no good ..

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Droid Froyo Laginess

Hi everyone, i posted this somewhere else but im not sure where it went. I just put froyo on my phone going through the directions on this site. Everything went as planned, and its working on my phone right now. It was really fast at first, and then i locked my phone and put it in my pocket. 5 mins later, i went to use it, and it was EXTREMELY slow. the typing has to "catch up" with what im typing and its really annoying. I know the instructions said it was really slow, but ive had the update for about 3 hours now. Does anyone know why this is happening?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i posted this somewhere else but im not sure where it went. I just put froyo on my phone going through the directions on this site. Everything went as planned, and its working on my phone right now. It was really fast at first, and then i locked my phone and put it in my pocket. 5 mins later, i went to use it, and it was EXTREMELY slow. the typing has to "catch up" with what im typing and its really annoying. I know the instructions said it was really slow, but ive had the update for about 3 hours now. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'll be happy to explain what's happening but please do not multiple post. It could be your post was moved to another area as we already have an excessive amount of Froyo threads. Every Froyo issue is not a new thread and this has been discussed several times.

OK, now that I'm done chewing you out let me explain what's going on.;) I'm going to assume you've probably loaded Flash on your Droid, correct? Well, whenever you visit a web site, like this one, flash will slow you down. So what can you do about it?

The first thing to do is make an adjustment in your browsers settings. Go to enable plug-ins and make sure that "as needed" is checked.

Already got that? Then I recommend trying Dolphin HD browser.

Now some questions for you. Are you overclocked or are you still at normal speed? And what kernel are you currently running?

astronaut

Reaction score
Its not just Flash. After you load Froyo your phone will download all of your apps again from the marketplace automatically. It will be laggy for awhile until this finishes.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not just Flash. After you load Froyo your phone will download all of your apps again from the marketplace automatically. It will be laggy for awhile until this finishes.

True, but that only last a few minutes.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

True, but that only last a few minutes.
It was pretty laggy for me for about 5-10 minutes

I would consider that a few minutes. Several minutes. But by the time you got done writing not one but two threads on the issue, your Droid would be running normal.

Until the OP comes back and says whether or not he's running flash we won't know.

Hawks

Reaction score
Running Hot

I will say that knowing how hot my Droid can go I'm well within range but after using Succelent Desire and barely cracking 100 degress when I'm hitting 107 on Chevys Froyo its too hot to me. The phone ran great but I just didnt like how hot it got and how quickly it happened. I'm going to try a different kernel and see if that might help, otherwise Froyo was decent. Honestly I still havent noticed that big of a difference between Froyo and my current 2.1 Rom

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will say that knowing how hot my Droid can go I'm well within range but after using Succelent Desire and barely cracking 100 degress when I'm hitting 107 on Chevys Froyo its too hot to me. The phone ran great but I just didnt like how hot it got and how quickly it happened. I'm going to try a different kernel and see if that might help, otherwise Froyo was decent. Honestly I still havent noticed that big of a difference between Froyo and my current 2.1 Rom

Well, if you were running 2.1 stock you certainly would see the difference. Anyway whenever I've overclocked a Droid it's always ran hot. These Droids can handle heat, 120 really is not excessive heat for an electronic device like this.

Asterisk

Reaction score
The first thing to do is make an adjustment in your browsers settings. Go to enable plug-ins and make sure that "as needed" is checked.

Already got that? Then I recommend trying Dolphin HD browser.

Sorry to post in this thread but I didn't see the as needed in the default browser all I saw was on demand. Now for Dolphin HD where would I find that. I have HD2 not sure if that is an issue.

Now for the topic. My Droid has it moments of being slow as well. I have mine overclocked to 1100 and sometimes it is still slow. But it wasn't as slow as when I first signed in it was really slow but other then that it isn't as slow as when I first loaded the rom.

Hawks

Reaction score

Well, if you were running 2.1 stock you certainly would see the difference. Anyway whenever I've overclocked a Droid it's always ran hot. These Droids can handle heat, 120 really is not excessive heat for an electronic device like this.

I dont think its excessive either and the ROM was great. IMO just not enough upside to switch from what I currently have. With the way these guys turn out great roms I'll be flashing a new one shortly I'm sure

spdivr1122

Reaction score
my froyo was so laggy i had to go back to 2.1. after everything was back and done syncing, the phone would run extremely fast. then, if i turned off the screen or locked it, after i unlocked it everything just completely lagged. texting was almost impossible the text had to "catch up" i tried using setcpu but it wouldnt let me move the bars, and my phone said it was rooted and everything. i did everything the instructions said and i have no idea why it was so laggy. anyone know why?