Froyo issues

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
did i do something wrong, i flashed to petes 2.2 rom and all i have is a black screen but its completely booted..i could hold the home button and my recents pop up but thats all i coould see besided notification bar

Something isn't right that's for sure. Did you wipe data and cache before install?? Pete suggests a double wipe to make sure.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well I tried it 3 times wit the same results..even tried blackdroids rom and gave me the same black screen :(...am I not meant to get froyo lol...someone help I wanna have flash :(

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ok thanks man, jstafford1, that answered my question, but I think developers should be working to update so their apps are compatible with 2.2.

Well actually devs cannot update therev apps becuz 2.2 isn't official yet and don't have the official source

huskur

Reaction score
Ok thanks man, jstafford1, that answered my question, but I think developers should be working to update so their apps are compatible with 2.2.

Well actually devs cannot update therev apps becuz 2.2 isn't official yet and don't have the official source

first off 2.2 is out. Just not officially for the Droid. So apps are being made for it indeed.

OK. As far as your question with install i suggest the Nandroid method and wiping date/factory reset and wiping cache at least twice. This should clear your phone of anything that could be adversely affecting it.

Remember the nandroid has to be unzipped and the unzipped folder inside goes in your nandroid folder on your SD card. Boot into recovery and select your rom to install and then perform the restore.

that should do it for you.

versusxiii

Reaction score
Still no Wifi for me on Froyo.

-- Tried the initial beta, beta 2, and BB 0.1 Froyo
-- Updated to the baseband to the latest
-- Tried multiple kernels from P3Droid, 1 GHZ, 1.1 and 1.25
-- Tried a non-themed ROM. Theme breaking wifi was suggested.

No dice for me still.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
Has anybody had unresponsiveness with their screens while running Froyo? I noticed that many times in the browser, I have to select links twice when I know that I have pressed them already but when using a 2.1 rom I never have that problem.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

first off 2.2 is out. Just not officially for the Droid. So apps are being made for it indeed.

OK. As far as your question with install i suggest the Nandroid method and wiping date/factory reset and wiping cache at least twice. This should clear your phone of anything that could be adversely affecting it.

Remember the nandroid has to be unzipped and the unzipped folder inside goes in your nandroid folder on your SD card. Boot into recovery and select your rom to install and then perform the restore.

that should do it for you.

Actually I read I believe in engadget that it is just a rom changed up to be like 2.2 ...but how do I go about using the nandroid method...kinda noob to this lol

kfan

Reaction score
Hey folks. I've had two dealbreakers so far:

1) Battery is being drained extremely quickly. Full to nothing within 3 hours with light web browsing / idle. Battery temp idles at 102.2 (is this normal?)

2) Navigation / GPS doesn't work. It simply will not pick up my location even though the satellite icon flashes when in Maps or in Nav.

My stats:

- Used second froyo root release (the folder with the files was froyo-BS-20100608-0313)
- Update.zip from here: www.droidforums.net/hosted/update.zip.html
- OC Kernel used: 125-1000 MHz. Profile in use is on demand, 300min 800max
- Baseband: C_01.3E.03P
- Kernel: 2.6.32.9-P3Droids
- Build number: voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

Followed this guide: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613

Any ideas?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hey folks. I've had two dealbreakers so far:

1) Battery is being drained extremely quickly. Full to nothing within 3 hours with light web browsing / idle. Battery temp idles at 102.2 (is this normal?)

2) Navigation / GPS doesn't work. It simply will not pick up my location even though the satellite icon flashes when in Maps or in Nav.

My stats:

- Used second froyo root release (the folder with the files was froyo-BS-20100608-0313)
- Update.zip from here: www.droidforums.net/hosted/update.zip.html
- OC Kernel used: 125-1000 MHz. Profile in use is on demand, 300min 800max
- Baseband: C_01.3E.03P
- Kernel: 2.6.32.9-P3Droids
- Build number: voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

Followed this guide: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613

Any ideas?

Try a different version. FRFxx 33333 is the latest I believe. Also try updating your baseband
Jason

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
New problem with all froyo versions I tried

I just noticed last night that none of my Moto droids running Froyo will charge on my doc. I thought the doc died or something but my one phone still running Petes BBv1.1 will charge fine on it :(
Any idea's what i can do to get it to work let me know.

It does enable the doc mode when I place the phone in it. so I thought it was working but the past few days I wake to my phone off. this time I bade sure the battery was low when I put it in the dock. I watched it drop and then turn off :(

m_1f6bdd0a1f6d43d397a206b5a14def55.jpg
m_dcdcddb32c0a4ff891a3ad70d16f9e4d.jpg

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know man,

I use the siedieo car dock and it charges fine for me on Froyo.

Weird

xfireguru

Reaction score
Re: New problem with all froyo versions I tried

I noticed my phone wasn't charging while using navigaton in the car dock yesterday. Arrived at my destination with 60% left. I even lowered my clock speed to 800mhz to see if that helped...it didn't.

I'm running the second release of froyo to hit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
mine has charged at home in the dock (verizon dock) every night.
car charger works but when using maps I do need to make sure its clocked 600 max.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. I have two charging docs and my droid running with Froyo 2.2 latest update charges fine on both.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Not sure what else I can do

as I stated I tried all versions of Froyo around on 2 of my 3 moto droids and none will charge on my dock :( tis why I thought the doc died till I poped the one still running 2.1 rom in it and boom you see the battery symbol indicated charging. No other will work :(. I take the cord from the back of the dock and plug direct to the phone and boom it charges so it not the charger pack either ;(

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just crious which doc's you have

I just tried my freinds non-verizon doc and it charges :(
I put his in my doc it charges I just rooted and flacked his to BBv0.1 and now his wont charge in my verizon dock :(
while im typing im flashing his to one of the non BB froyo versions. I bet his still wont charge inmy doc, yet it does on his.

Anyone else with verizon's dock having this sort of issue. I wanted to stick with verizons dock to avoid this sort of issue :(

I could have gotten the cheap dock he has for 4$ off ebay :(
instead of paying full price at verizon for mine. Dont get me wrong mine worked great all the time I had it on 2.1 roms