Froyo issues

oscar503

Reaction score
2.2 froyo update help

I was trying to do the early update and something happend to my phone, it disconnected or something and now it doesnt get past the part where is says android:blackdroid: when i turn it on and it wont turoff, you have to take the battery out. I was wondering if there was anyone here that could help me please.

bughatti

Reaction score
This happened to my friends phone last night when I was updating his. After I had installed the 2.2 froyo rom, it started looping, thank god I had nandroid installed. I realized I had gone from stock 2.1 to rooted 2.2 BB and completely forgot to wipe user data and cache partition. After i went back in and did that, reran update.zip and within seconds at the setup screen ready to go!!!!!!! So i would say go in do a wipe data/cache in nandroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my froyo was so laggy i had to go back to 2.1. after everything was back and done syncing, the phone would run extremely fast. then, if i turned off the screen or locked it, after i unlocked it everything just completely lagged. texting was almost impossible the text had to "catch up" i tried using setcpu but it wouldnt let me move the bars, and my phone said it was rooted and everything. i did everything the instructions said and i have no idea why it was so laggy. anyone know why?

I found that on SetCPU I had to leave it on performance or it was switching back to user space every time. Leaving it on performance it runs great.

dverplank

Reaction score
Gmail is not pushing emails to my phone. I have to manually refresh. Any ideas anybody?I never had a problem on 2.1

eliguy620

Reaction score
my droid is STILL RESTARTING itsself about every hour and a half. I have tried all of the froyo roms and tons of different kernels...I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is going on.... I wipe and format cache and data every time.

PLEASE HELP

Wadzii

Reaction score
2.2 time with out signal issue

I have been running various 2.2 roms for a good week or so now. It seems that every single one ends up killing my battery in 1/2 a day.

The only thing i see out of the ordinary is cell standby is using alot of battery, and time with out signal is %50.

Anyone know a fix for this?

brybe

Reaction score
Ever since I went to 2.2 (since tuesday) I don't get service in my apartment anymore and it is very inconsistent.

I have tried all of these basebands:

C_01.3e.01P

C_01.3e.03P

C_01.41.00R

C_01.43.01P

Nothing is helping. I'm very frustrated.

And I have done *228 option 1 and 2

Last edited:

thechaps

Reaction score
Ok i hope it hasnt been covered in here yet but i have tried both BB .2 and SS4.1. Both are 2.2 roms and both come OC'd. Running both woth the OC's that come with them or flashing any other OC Kernal i get Random Reboots. Happens Mostly when its just sleeping. I'll keep it on my desk and monitor it and its just about every 30 min it'll reboot. Nothing is happening when that happens no emails/sms/alerts coming in just a reboot. I've Tried P3's kernals and Chevy's. Multiple lvl's and Voltage lvl's and no go. Please help out with this i love the 2.2 look and feel and want to play around with it.

Thanks

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok i hope it hasnt been covered in here yet but i have tried both BB .2 and SS4.1. Both are 2.2 roms and both come OC'd. Running both woth the OC's that come with them or flashing any other OC Kernal i get Random Reboots. Happens Mostly when its just sleeping. I'll keep it on my desk and monitor it and its just about every 30 min it'll reboot. Nothing is happening when that happens no emails/sms/alerts coming in just a reboot. I've Tried P3's kernals and Chevy's. Multiple lvl's and Voltage lvl's and no go. Please help out with this i love the 2.2 look and feel and want to play around with it.

Thanks

The main thing that would cause random reboots are the kernels. You can try wiping data and cache again, reinstalling it.

thechaps

Reaction score
Would it be an issue of the kernal not working with the rom? I've always ran Chevy's roms with no issue. And its not a speed issue I've tried all different speeds/lvls and nothing works. I'm using clockwork and deleting everything 3 times. Its frustrating that none of the kernals are working. What are the other good 2.2 kernals besides Chevy and p3?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thechaps

Reaction score
Come on somebody's got to have an answer to my questions. Please just list some other Kernals for me to try. I've tried all of Chevy's and P3's and they all give me random reboots... even on calls.

Thanks
Matthew

eliguy620

Reaction score

Thanks

I have been having the exact same problem!!! I have tried stock kernels, oc kernals, p3's chevy's...tried different roms. Jrummy's and UD"s just to name a few....but every single time, RANDOM REBOOTS!!!

Its insanely frustrating. I would like an answer also.

thechaps

Reaction score
Hey just an fyi Pete came out with BB Froyo 0.3 and its stable for me. Been 2 hours and no reboot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gmmurphy

Reaction score
hey guys,

i hope its ok to post this here, searched and searched. bb0.4 any known issues regarding corporate email? everything except being able to compose email works.
thanks in advance