Froyo is NOT coming for Fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have froyo on my rooted fascinate and it runs perfectly

Sent from my fascinate

fishmstr

Reaction score
Ever since I went to Froyo I have texts that don't send for days. I'm about to go back to stock.

sfd0124

Reaction score
I could care less if Froyo comes or not. I have it already and it works great. If the developers never made another Rom, kernel or theme I would still be happy with my phone. I love to play with my phone but when it comes down to it, I'm not married to it forever. It does all the things it's supposed to do. It's a cool phone, someday I'll have another cool phone. I don't dwell on it that seriously.

Sent from my SCH-I500 superclean 2.9.2 voodoo/ jt's kernal using DroidForums

wil318466

Reaction score
Ever since I went to Froyo I have texts that don't send for days. I'm about to go back to stock.

Try flashing another modem. My texts wouldn't work right, then I flashed DJ09 I think and it worked again.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its just source code for developers I believe. But now maybe verizon will push updates to stock users, who knows.

Sent from my fascinate

GDP

Reaction score
It's just a matter of time before they push the update through. The sad thing is by the time we officially get Froyo all of the other phones will be running Gingerbread and we will be lagging behind again. I can just see all of the "When will the Fascinate get Gingerbread" threads popping up just weeks after we get Froyo.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just a matter of time before they push the update through. The sad thing is by the time we officially get Froyo all of the other phones will be running Gingerbread and we will be lagging behind again. I can just see all of the "When will the Fascinate get Gingerbread" threads popping up just weeks after we get Froyo.

Of course. You will also see a lot of "Froyo Sucks," "Froyo kills my battery," "I want to go back to 2.1" threads. Nature of the beast.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
At the moment the way to get the best out of ones fascinate is to root. We already have a stable froyo. Hopefully samsung has done a good job with their tw based froyo and won't dissapoint non rooted stock users, or they will push users to other manufacturers. Samsung though even with there bad support is ten times better than moto imo.

Sent from my fascinate

boxs21

Reaction score
At least this is what I'm hearing from other blogs and unverifiable sources. Instead, at the end of March we may be seeing an update directly to 2.3 Gingerbread.

I'll believe it when I see it.

What does everyone else think about this?

I'm waiting for more info...

today April, any up date for your Ginjerbread
grey.png

tenacious bee

Reaction score
There is an update ready to be pushed . ed01 I believe. Amongst fixing some other annoyances it has " updated to support google software 2.2 froyo" right in the release notes. This is not a rumor but a fact. The release date is TBD but the update has an approval date of 4/14. I have only seen a span of two days or so from approval to update so it could be any day now. This is not secret info but available to any vzw csr that bothers to look at the fascinate device support page and click on software .

I doubt there will ever be a Gingerbread release. I am basing that statement on how long this took to get this done only. I have no inside info on GB. Again, as I said the froyo info I posted is not inside info either.

Jenaht

Reaction score
Does froyo truly kill battery?

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App