Froyo is NOT coming for Fascinate

sivadselim

Reaction score
I just heard that the 2.2 update will include a mobile version of Duke Nukem Forever!

icon_%20banana.gif

Jenaht

Reaction score
I hope we do get the update. I would love to see the updated gmail. Yesterday I spoke to a cust svc gal and while there is no date of course...she also said from what she could see that it should be coming. But...we'll see. She seemed fairly sure.

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

tenacious bee

Reaction score
I just heard that the 2.2 update will include a mobile version of Duke Nukem Forever!

icon_%20banana.gif

LOL !!! Nice one. For those that do not know duke nukem fans have been waiting for like 14 years for the next version. It has been on again off again with every leap forward in gaming technology.

I am still kicking myself for not convincing the wife to get an incredible. Back in October I saw no reason to not get the fascinate. The screen rez is awesome and the virtual keyboard is the best I have ever tried. I am hoping that the froyo update will fix the many things about the fascinate that frustrate me. Oh great. The wife just reminded me that her drm needs updating. Off to spend 20 minutes getting rhapsody to detect the phone.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

icon_%20banana.gif

LOL !!! Nice one. For those that do not know duke nukem fans have been waiting for like 14 years for the next version. It has been on again off again with every leap forward in gaming technology.

I am still kicking myself for not convincing the wife to get an incredible. Back in October I saw no reason to not get the fascinate. The screen rez is awesome and the virtual keyboard is the best I have ever tried. I am hoping that the froyo update will fix the many things about the fascinate that frustrate me. Oh great. The wife just reminded me that her drm needs updating. Off to spend 20 minutes getting rhapsody to detect the phone.

You were right. Samsung does not support their cell phones.

Incredible rocks.

sagellih

Reaction score
Like no audio output via usb. Okay so heck with the oem ca rdock I will just use a digital audio cable and a generic mount . Nope, can't use the headphone jack and the mic at the same time. Music stops just fine, the caller can be heard just fine. Problem is they can't hear her. So she has to unplug the digital audio cable to be heard on a call if she is listening to music on the phone. Okay so I tell her to use her bt headset for calls. Guess what ? Still cannot be heard with the the digital cable plugged in.

Not to get away from the subject of this thread, but I have not had any problems using an audio jack and taking calls at the same time. I've used the audio cable connected to my aux port on my truck stereo, when a call comes in, the phone ringer comes through my stereo. When I answer it, the caller comes through my stereo and I used the phone just like I would in the speakerphone mode. No one has had any problems hearing me and I hear them just fine through my trucks stereo speakers. Just a note, my truck is not equipped with SYNC or bluetooth.

Jersey

Reaction score
I hope that Froyo does come to the Fascinate, but GingerBread is a pipedream. The specs for the Fascinate say it is only upgradeable to 2.2! So that is clearly mis-information...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fishmstr

Reaction score
I hope that Froyo does come to the Fascinate, but GingerBread is a pipedream. The specs for the Fascinate say it is only upgradeable to 2.2! So that is clearly mis-information...

Those specs came out prior to Gingerbread.

Jersey

Reaction score

Those specs came out prior to Gingerbread.

Well, I sure hope that I am wrong, GB is working well, from what I have heard.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Not to get away from the subject of this thread, but I have not had any problems using an audio jack and taking calls at the same time. I've used the audio cable connected to my aux port on my truck stereo, when a call comes in, the phone ringer comes through my stereo. When I answer it, the caller comes through my stereo and I used the phone just like I would in the speakerphone mode. No one has had any problems hearing me and I hear them just fine through my trucks stereo speakers. Just a note, my truck is not equipped with SYNC or bluetooth.

I have been doing the above with every phone I have ever had with an audio out. Didn't have any trouble until the fascinate. I haven't tried it since the last update. I will give it a go.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

I don't know why 2.3 wouldn't work on the fascinate.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bikedude

Reaction score
Really???

I have 2.3 from PE and CM running on a Droid and they cant get Froyo running on the Fascinate.... Really? Devs also had Froyo on the Droid last SUMMER...

tenacious bee

Reaction score

tacmyers

Reaction score
Just talked to Verizon. There's no date for 2.2 for Fascinate. She couldn't even find info on the Samsung site. This despite the fact that they assured me in March that the end of March would bring the update and the new flash. Her best suggestion was to download a different browser and get flash to work that way. Suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use skyfire web browser or root your phone to be able to use flash video

Sent from my fascinate