Froyo Here For The Droid X

DipRip

Reaction score
So it looks like Koush's recovery app is messing up everything.

Word to the wise: don't delete the logwrapper file in bin, i am pretty certain I just bricked my phone and will have to reflash the sbf file tonight when I get home from work.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I have it as well...

Also, how long should it take to boot into stock recovery? Mine takes forever.. like a minute.
Don are you getting an error message when you try to update

It took awhile but it finally went to recovery, then I tried the update.zip and it didn't take. I tried to boot the phone normally, shut it down, and now I'm still hanging with the "!" and the little android guy trying to get into recovery.

Has anyone tried Koush's recovery?

It appears if I hit the magnifing glass the screen pops up for recovery but it says it can't find /tmp/recovery.log.... Not really sure what that means. I'll be pretty upset if I need to figure out how to SBF because there was no point to the bootstrap then.

BACAbone

Reaction score

Word to the wise: don't delete the logwrapper file in bin, i am pretty certain I just bricked my phone and will have to reflash the sbf file tonight when I get home from work.

Well then its not bricked

Mooem

Reaction score
Can this be done without root or no? Sorry, Im a noob :(

If you don't want to have a rooted phone in the end, then no, you do not need to be rooted in order to install the update. I just did it fine with my non-rooted droid x.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
P3Droid
okay full instructions are back working..the ddos attack has stopped at exactly 7am...1 hour exactly after it began....WTF

DipRip

Reaction score

Well then its not bricked

Sorry its stuck on the moto logo. Which means my day is pretty much ruined. Going without a phone all days sucks, I guess thats what I get for trying to fix the error on the update.

slivvy

Reaction score
We need to SBF I believe to remove the bootstrap... uuughhhhh

Can anyone PM me the SBF file with drivers for windows?? I'm searching all over the place and I cannot find them... thank you!!!

DipRip

Reaction score
Reading the forums at XDA. Everybody that installed the koush recovery is screwed due to the fact that his app modified our logwrapper files. Even if you uninstall the app, the files are still there. If you delete them like I did, then you screwed and have to flash the sbf file again back to stock to start all over.

This really sucks that his recovery app screwed up the update.

akappy332

Reaction score
Check out the unbricking thread for details. Ill pm you

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

makaveliq3

Reaction score
We need to SBF I believe to remove the bootstrap... uuughhhhh

Can anyone PM me the SBF file with drivers for windows?? I'm searching all over the place and I cannot find them... thank you!!!
just post it in the thread actually...

it looks like alot of people are having issues with this...

uptheforest

Reaction score
i used terminal emulator to move su and it worked just fine

i did not have koush's recovery and that seems to be the problem that people are having

i used the one click root method because im lazy and the non rooted way seemed like more work.

froyo is up and running!!

SouthEastNC

Reaction score
Can this be done without root or no? Sorry, Im a noob :(

If you don't want to have a rooted phone in the end, then no, you do not need to be rooted in order to install the update. I just did it fine with my non-rooted droid x.

Mooem,

Thanks. The Droid X is my first Android phone, I don't know much about this stuff. I don't want to root my phone till I feel more knowledgeable, can you tell me which set of instructions you followed to download and install the update?

And this may be a dumb question, but would installing this version of 2.2 keep me from getting the OTA upgrade when the official version comes out?

Thanks in advance!