Froyo help, Resets, fc's major issues

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by huggybear, Jun 22, 2010.

1. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to install any Froyo Roms. I have tried both UD's roms (Beta & Extreme)as well as Kangerade 1.0. The roms will install ok, but once I attempt to do just about anything, my phone freezes, and shuts itself down completely. I thought it was a kernel issue, but I have tried numerous kernels, standard, low, chevy's, bekit, among others to no avail. I have been searching the forums and havent yet seen anyone that has had these similar issues to the extent that I am. I have been using UD roms for sometime now and have never had issues till 2.2. Anyone that can point me in the right direction, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. stratt

stratt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have u tried Succulent Desire froyo? Or Succulent Desire Atlantis Blue 2.2?

Did u wipe data and cache?

3. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was my first thought as well. But shouldnt the ROM work fine with the kernel that comes with it? This is an issue before I even attempt to overclock or anything. apps seem to do ok, but going into my settings, enabling wifi, sometimes the market, all these things lead to the phone freezing up, then shutting down. I will certainly continue to mess with kernels, just didnt know if I was missing something here.....

4. stratt

stratt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. Kernals dont always work with the rom they come with. With Froyo, some peoples phones react differently with different kernals. When I sent out our Froyo rom to our testers, they had different reactions with different kernals.

Try our Froyo and let me know what you think.

Succulent Desire Froyo----http://www.***********/account/file/-6-JzpNX/Succulent-Desire-Froyo-v-2.html

Atlantis Blue 2.2 (Themed version of above rom) --- atlantisblue2.2release-BS-20100622-0249.rar - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

5. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will certainly give it a shot and let you know. Thank you.

6. stratt

stratt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Make sure you wipe data and cache first

7. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I attempt to put Atlantis on my phone and all it does is loop on the Motorola screen. I try several different ways with zero luck, (and yes, I wiped date/cache, always do at least 2x). So fed up, out of the blue I decide to reformat my sd card for no good reason other than out of options. After I finish putting all my info back on, I load up Atlantis again, still looping, until I use one of chevy's kernels. Darn thing works like a charm. Since then, I have loaded(and saved mind you so I can play :) ) UD Extreme, BB's and Kangerad's 2.2 ROMS all working just fine with multiple kernels. And though I am happy/content, I am curious how my card was the culprit? I have never had any serious issues with ROMS/kernels not working. Could it have something to do with apps2sd? Thanks again Stratt for the help. I plan on toying around with your rom today since it is new to me.

8. stratt

stratt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no clue as to why that would happen. give our roms a try. I think u would be pleasantly surprised.

9. cruzhm

cruzhm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What I did is pick one rom and kept the install basic. I didn't select any themes or extras. Did not remove anything either. I tried this first with jrummy froyo. I didn't install any kernel either. Once I did this, I was able to go back and tweak my installs a little each time until I got it the way I wanted. Hope this helps you some. Don't forget to wipe data and cache.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what i did as well. I had attempted to make 2.2 work since it was released. Nothing worked though until I reformatted my sdcard. Now everything works great. Had a few fc's here and there playing w different roms, but nothing like before. Froyo would barely log into my gmail account until that reformat. Weird....

11. BPB

BPB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FC on different ROMS

So you're saying you had a few apps force close with various ROMs, but not all or none? Reason being, I've got one app in particular that will force close with my current setup, but otherwise the rest of the ROM and apps run exactly like I want. Do you think, based on your experience, it's worth the time to reconfigure your settings every time playing with different ROMs? Just thinking about the math with all the different ROM and app combinations, finding the perfect fit could take quite some time.
    Am I off base here or does that make sense?

12. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been having a lot of problems too lately, earlier my phone was lagging so much it was nearly unusable even though I had it clocked to 1.1 GHz. I flashed to kangerade v1.1 and it worked fine for a few hours and now stuff is being buggy again. I just flashed p3's 1.1 GHz kernel (the original one with the wifi fix) and hopefully that will fix my problems.