Reaction score
The link is here: SIRIUS|XM on Android

I've contacted them and this is what I got back:

[email protected]

----------------------------------------------
Notification of Ticket Change

Ticket Information:

Email Customer: Hello,

We are aware of this issue, and it is currently being addressed. Support for OS 2.2 will be available shortly and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the service once the application is updated. We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Thank you,
Support @SXM Radio mobile support

I've already replied back and asked if they are going to prorate the charges for a service that is not usable. I have not heard back...

badog

Reaction score
Because for me, I didn't want a rooted phone with an os that always seems to have some kind of strange issue anymore. I use my phone more for work than anything else and I was spending too much time trying hack stuff on it than working :)

I'll wait till Sirius/XM officially fixes it for me :)

DetroitMark

Reaction score

[email protected]

Ticket Information:

We are aware of this issue, and it is currently being addressed. Support for OS 2.2 will be available shortly and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the service once the application is updated. We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Thank you,

I've already replied back and asked if they are going to prorate the charges for a service that is not usable. I have not heard back...

It's now September 13th. You received that message on August 20th. So from now on we can confidently say when XM Sirius says "shortly" they actually mean long about Nevuary.

XM Sirius customer service is utter garbage, don't you find?

badog

Reaction score
I agree. Sirius/XM doesn't care about their customers, we're already paying them, why should they care? When you call to cancel they throw a bone and offer a few bucks off and we keep paying...And the service still sucks. It's like cutting a banana with a spoon, sure it works, but it doesn't work very good.

rms2219

Reaction score

[email protected]

Ticket Information:

Thank you,

It's now September 13th. You received that message on August 20th. So from now on we can confidently say when XM Sirius says "shortly" they actually mean long about Nevuary.

XM Sirius customer service is utter garbage, don't you find?

Here is the email I received today when I emailed after being so fed up:

Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding the difficulty you are having
logging in to your SIRIUS Internet Radio using your Android phone. We
are glad to assist.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. However we are
happy to let you know that Version 1.1 of the SIRIUS XM Premium Online
Android application is now available and fixes previous incompatibility
with the most recent Android OS (2.2 "FROYO"). We recommend you to
please update your application to Version 1.1 by visiting
www.siriusxm.com/android.

Soo....I went and downloaded the "new" version...except its the same old version 1.0.0. Nothing was updated despite being told the new version was available!

Last edited by a moderator:

Booch_21

Reaction score
Just downloaded 1.1.0 a few minutes ago. I launched the app and it notified me of the update. Have to use their website to download the apk file, http://www.siriusxm.com/android. Working fine for me right now, but the old one did too, after rooting and disabling Stagefright.

giantsfan

Reaction score
Just downloaded 1.1.0 a few minutes ago. I launched the app and it notified me of the update. Have to use their website to download the apk file, http://www.siriusxm.com/android. Working fine for me right now, but the old one did too, after rooting and disabling Stagefright.

I re-enabaled Stagefright and downloaded the new version. After 20 minutes, it is still working flawlessly. Kudos for getting this finally fixed!:icon_ banana:

badog

Reaction score
I just installed 1.1.0 re enabled stagefright and rebooted phone, app ran for about 30 seconds and then stopped. Looks like they removed the data connection lost notification but it still doesn't work for me. I'm gonna uninstall and try a fresh install but doesn't look to promising...

Booch_21

Reaction score
I did not return the Stagefright settings back to normal and its been playing flawlessly for over an hour. If it works, I ain't touching it!

badog

Reaction score
I changed the stagefright settings back to disabled and it works again. Bummer this update doesn't fix the real issue.

jim1974

Reaction score
I just got the update from Sirius/XM and the problem is fixed! I listened loop free for 10 mins. I signed up to be notified by email when the update was available and I just got the email 15 mins ago. Check the Sirius website for downloads.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk