Froyo FRF91 SS v4.5 [7/19/2010] From SOURCE - New Settings - FASTER - 4.4 Bugs Fixed

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 19, 2010.

1. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    downloaded tried to install but didnt work, corrupted my sd card..... now it says sd card damaged you may have to format it

2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +321
    NICE! I know what I'll be doing at work this morning!

3. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My main man Chevy dropping it like it's hot.

4. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just when I was starting to get sleepy on my day off, but I have plenty to do now.

5. CypherAZ

CypherAZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy force close madness after I restored my apps.....and to wipe again see if that fixes it.

6. DHGroove

DHGroove New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick and painless especially with the bkapps utility. However, I'm wondering why my quadrant scores are so low compared to others I've seen on this board.

Currently clocked to 1.25GHz using uLV and SS 4.5. Any help/guidance would be great. I was getting 1022 before with LV @ 1GHz. I'm seeing people getting 1400-1600 with similar clocks.

7. gerend

gerend Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FC City after RSTAPPS

Chevy,

Thanks for the quick work! Tried both versions (wiping the crap out of this phone each time), and upon running rstapps it started FC'ing everything from Launcher2 to SU to DevTools terminal, bam bam bam bam. Rebooted, FC's continued.

Maybe it's b/c I have a lot of app crap, but bkapps/rstapps never gave me so much grief before...

Reflashing to 4.4 nandroid for now, will try 4.5 again tomorrow (maybe just rebuild the system from scratch / no rstapps?).

8. iGuess

iGuess New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the EXACT same problem.

9. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Same here. To resolve it, I wiped, flashed my Nandroid back-up of SS 4.4 and then flashed the 4.5 update.zip without wiping and everything works perfect.

10. iGuess

iGuess New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually resolved it by ignoring the force close window when doing the rstapps. I let it finish (I could read it behind the FC message), and when it was done, just rebooted. When I booted up, no FCs, and still none so far (granted, it's only been about 10 minutes).

EDIT: Except the blue LED notification isn't working.

#22 iGuess, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  11. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Fantastic, no work today (that is until my wife wakes up at least). So I get to play with the phone.

Just as a story about my installation of this, that has nothing to do with SS just thought I would share. Since I am sitting at my PC, I figured I would download it with my PC, adb it to my sdcard then install it. After I backed up with Titanium and bkapps, I typed 'adb reboot recovery'. The phone reboot, I went on reading the forums, then I heard it beep as if it was back at my main menu. I turned, and sure enough, there it was chilling on my lock screen. So I turned the phone off, held X, and watched the M symbol pops up. It sat on the M for a few seconds, the M goes away for a split second, then comes back and the bootanimation pops up and brings me back to my phone. For an instant I got a little scared. I was thinking "Uh oh. What did you do?" (although there was quite a bit of profanity in there, but that is the general idea of what was going through my head).

I ended up manually re-installing clockwork recovery, although in retrospect ROM manager probably would have sufficed. Not sure exactly what happened, or why. I believe I glanced at a thread somewhere, that someone had lost their recovery I believe it was with BB or Cyan though. I didn't read it though. Not that this is an issue with SS, just a little story about my adventure installing it.

tl;dr So far so good. :)

12. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    up and running, all went smooth. love bkapps. makes life so easy.

so far everthing works great.

Search tags for this page
froyo m799ca v2.2
googleservices framework apk frf91
m799 ca v2.2 rom

m799ca v2.0 turn on wifi error

m799ca v2.2 rom

process com.google.process.gapps stopped unexpectedly samsun