Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sid_wisc

sid_wisc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that it had all the problems (market and other google apps) problems solved so I will go with this one... Nothing other than that!! What do you think will going for http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...er-more-statusbar-options-music-controls.html will be better and it will not have the issues I have with other Roms I have tried. like google maps etc not being able to update!!
    Thanks for you help!!!dancedroiddancedroid

2. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That problem will exist with almost any ROM you use because ROM developers can't foresee what updates to applications like google maps will change. This is why developers offer support to show you how to delete the application from the ROM so that you can install a fresh copy of the updated version.

Some developers choose to remove troublesome applications and tell you to download it from the market, while other developers choose to leave these apps because they know that only a very small fraction of people will have issues with updates and it just isn't worth making thousands of users install apps that can already be included in the ROM.

The newer versions of any ROM aren't just design to add new features, but to fix bugs that exist in prior ROMs. So to answer your question, yes I think SS4.7 is the way to go and it will contain fixes that might exist in SS4.4 through SS4.6. I've had to update google maps twice and didn't have any problems doing so.

3. sid_wisc

sid_wisc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a ton 'Larry_ThaGr81' and 'Tornado Rex', as per you guys suggestion I used SS4.7 and I shall say that I am loving it. it is pretty neat and i also changed the theme several times and all of them are nice!!!
    Larry I do have one question.... So if I go ahead and root the phone on FRG22D and them apply SS4.7, i will not have to update any application then it should not be a problem, Right!!! In my case I tried updating the maps and it did let me do it but it does not allow me to update 'Street view' and I think one of another app so I am thinking of going back to unrooted version go for the FRG22D and then root again to go back to a custom ROM.... Do you know if SS4.7 is FRG22D based or other built? it did not say that on here!!!

Search tags for this page
awesome backgrounds for droid
droid life wallpaper
frf91.372 maps

wallpaper froyo