Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Scott King

Scott King Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed an issue with the browser that I didn't have with 4.1 through 4.3.

Normally what I do is open my rss reader. If there is an article I want to see the full thing I will hit "open in browser." It will do so and while it loads I go back and read other headlines and stuff in the rss reader. Then when i'm ready I switch back and read the article in the browswer which is now fully loaded. Or another thing I like to do is when I'm in the browser I will open a link in a new window, then switch back to the page I was reading and continue reading until I think the new window loaded. ...so in 4.4 I can't do this.

I've noticed that in 4.4, my browser only loads a website if the window is open and in the front. I don't know if this is something in the rom or some weird setting I don't know about or what. Anyone have any ideas?

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmmm ... I honestly don't know what to tell you ... other than this. Plug your phone in while it's booting up, in a DOS window type:

adb logcat

When it crashes and you get stuck, hopefully there will be some useful info dumped. Send that to me as a text file and I will take a look.

3. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to install this ROM, and I have been following chevyno1 for some time now and I love the work that's done. I was looking through the forums on how to install a rom but all I get is the ROM downloads, and brief instructions on how to install. I tried to install but I still get the rooted 2.2 that I did last night. Is there a different guide I can follow or did I do something wrong? I am running FRF84B Kernal version 2.6.32.9. Please help :D Thank you!

4. Aegon

Aegon Member

Ratings:
    +0

Will do when I get the chance. Thanks

5. syst3merror

syst3merror Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @aegon....you might try doing a full wipe AGAIN (it might make your 4th time, but sometimes that 1 more try does the trick) or you might also just try skipping the android screen by tapping all 4 corners of the screen (clockwise) and it will skip over it.
    [​IMG]

6. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I'd thought I'd reconfirm what Chevy already wrote. This has happened to me as well, when I was on Android 2.0 and using the usb port on my laptop to charge the phone with a cheap usb cable. Doesn't happen with the Motorola cable.

7. Aegon

Aegon Member

Ratings:
    +0

Wow, now that is a good trick to know

8. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, great find. Good to know as well.

9. Tristor

Tristor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I now have this installed and working without much issue. The only thing I've noticed is that my phone refuses to connect to a wireless network. In particular the network is secured with a WPA2 Pre-Shared Key using AES (not TKIP). Not sure what the deal is.

10. Hazardc

Hazardc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still having issues with the market and maps. My issues are that none of my old apps are downloading (i didn't care about using bkapps on this phone).

When i go to the market, it always asks me to re-accept the terms of service, my maps are all glitchy and latitude never stays joined.

When i go into settings it says im running SS 4.4, in rom manager it says im running 4.3

Also, there is no silent mode. When i put the phone on silent, it still vibrates.

I wiped 4 times, redid the rom once, still have all of the above issues. there are a few more, but these are the main ones that are bugging me.

I can't really judge battery life just yet. Other than what I've said though, the rom runs real smooth. Just too many glitches right now on stuff i need to have work.

11. Hazardc

Hazardc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, I've had a few reboots... was previoiusly running p3 kernel at same clockspeed with one of the original froyo leaks, so i don't *think* it's a kernel issue.

12. symdev88

symdev88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you use rom manager or SPRecovery??

Search tags for this page
awesome backgrounds for droid
droid life wallpaper
frf91.372 maps

wallpaper froyo