Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. dhinged

dhinged Member

my phone became a DHCP server

For some reason, my phone turned into a DHCP server while connected to my company's Wi-Fi. I don't know how it happened, but it bridged with our server's wi-fi broadcaster... I don't understand the whole explanation but I had to disable wi-fi because it was disrupting our company's internet connection. They found my phone's MAC address in the log files.

Has anyone experienced anything like this in Simply Stunning? I have no idea how to enable/disable, but I noticed there are Spare Parts and Dev Tools applications with it.
  2. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Oops, wrong thread. moved to 4.5!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. jtbnet

jtbnet New Member

I suspect it's because SS has the WIFI Tethering APP as that's where you would be handing out addresses from... That doesn't start by default on my phone though... but if you click on it in the APP Drawer when it comes up it should have the 'Press to Start Tethering screen'... If it has the screen showing Up/Down Speeds then it's running... and you need to Click the screen to stop it from running...
  4. shaggy3131

shaggy3131 New Member

Sure didnt! thought was just for other ROM's coming over to yours. I will do that now and i am sure it will work :) HEY BTW your ROM's rock! i am a loyal fan dont even mess with the other stuff out there! why bother right we know yours is the best! FYI i always switch to the ULV kernal and have no probs. HEY look at that worked like a charm! thanks again for all your hard work.
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Awesome, glad you got it working! Thanks very much for your support, it IS appreciated! Spread the word! :)
  6. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

Delay when my Droid wakes up

Greetings forum.

I am running SS 4.4, and have been noticing this for a while:

I press the power button to awake the phone, slide the unlock slider, and view my home screen. When I try to slide to the next screen, nothing happens. I try again, nothing happens, I try a third time, and it slides.

This doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not. Any ideas?

----------------

SS 4.4 chevy med voltage 1.2 Gig kernel, Droid
  7. mcsinfl

mcsinfl New Member

what launcher are you using?
  8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have seen this also - I have noticed it since Froyo came out, it's almost like the screen is a little less responsive - the only other change since Froyo was the jump to 2.6.32 in the kernel, that could ALSO be the culprit
  9. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

I'm using the launcher that came with Simply Stunning 4.4.

YES, exactly, the screen seems less responsive. I thought it was just my Droid, so thanks for the confirmation.
  10. delcopa

delcopa Member

Ok I found out what the problem was or is....

I don't know if this is the same for all versions so here is what I am running and the solution if anyone else is seeing it.

Running Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008 R2. The issue happens that you can not connect to your exchange server when you have SSL required on the IIS website for Microsoft Active Sync. The only fix I have seen so far was to disable the SSL Requirement on the Exchange server using the IIS Admin on the Active Sync virtual website.

Now if anyone has a fix so it will work while requiring SSL that would be fantastic since anyone using this in corp environment might not be able to disable this. I found the BB rom would still connect with the SSL enabled but the SS one won't. I also just did the update to newest one coming out in SS hopefully this week and same issue.

Does anyone know what is different between the BB and the SS mail versions? I hope it can be figured out since the untouched one that just was released has the same issue.

11. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

I get this error everytime i tried going on the link..... Chevy Please help>>>> :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chevyno1.richstevenson.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.16 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.16 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at chevyno1.richstevenson.com Port 80
  12. Tornado Rex

Tornado Rex New Member

13. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

I thought that it had all the problems (market and other google apps) problems solved so I will go with this one... Nothing other than that!! What do you think will going for http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...er-more-statusbar-options-music-controls.html will be better and it will not have the issues I have with other Roms I have tried. like google maps etc not being able to update!!
    Thanks for you help!!!dancedroiddancedroid
  14. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

That problem will exist with almost any ROM you use because ROM developers can't foresee what updates to applications like google maps will change. This is why developers offer support to show you how to delete the application from the ROM so that you can install a fresh copy of the updated version.

Some developers choose to remove troublesome applications and tell you to download it from the market, while other developers choose to leave these apps because they know that only a very small fraction of people will have issues with updates and it just isn't worth making thousands of users install apps that can already be included in the ROM.

The newer versions of any ROM aren't just design to add new features, but to fix bugs that exist in prior ROMs. So to answer your question, yes I think SS4.7 is the way to go and it will contain fixes that might exist in SS4.4 through SS4.6. I've had to update google maps twice and didn't have any problems doing so.
  15. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

Thanks a ton 'Larry_ThaGr81' and 'Tornado Rex', as per you guys suggestion I used SS4.7 and I shall say that I am loving it. it is pretty neat and i also changed the theme several times and all of them are nice!!!
    Larry I do have one question.... So if I go ahead and root the phone on FRG22D and them apply SS4.7, i will not have to update any application then it should not be a problem, Right!!! In my case I tried updating the maps and it did let me do it but it does not allow me to update 'Street view' and I think one of another app so I am thinking of going back to unrooted version go for the FRG22D and then root again to go back to a custom ROM.... Do you know if SS4.7 is FRG22D based or other built? it did not say that on here!!!
Search tags for this page
awesome backgrounds for droid
droid life wallpaper
frf91.372 maps

wallpaper froyo