Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

This along with browsing capabilities in the apps and games tab, and the downloads saying no android market downloads...
  2. y0rk

y0rk New Member

Market shows all of my downloaded apps after rstapps -c, and I seem to be able to browse through the rest of the market like normal. My market widget took a minute to load but it flipping through apps like normal too.

I had to disable and reenable the android keyboard in settings in order to use the touch screen to type but it seems fine now too.

Location in Maps and Beautiful Widgets locked right in. So big improvement over the 4.3 issue with those.

Awesome job as always Chevy!
  3. Stretch2m

Stretch2m New Member

I installed this from RM before I saw that the links here were removed.

At first it was running great, but then I ran a nandroid backup and when it rebooted, it was telling me "SD card damaged" and would not mount it.

I rebooted into recovery and loaded up BB0.4 and the SD card is working fine.

Any ideas why it would think my SD card was damaged?
  4. mej284

mej284 New Member

Have loaded SS 4.4
    Treated and new install, wiped cache 3 times and wiped partition 3 times.
    Then ran the update, no problems, no bootloop, fired right up.
    ran rstapps -c then rebooted, again everything loaded as designed.
    Changed out kernal to the speed I like to run everything is back to normal.

No just testing to see how everything else is running. Since loading this rom I am not have not seen any updates from the market. But there might not have been any in the past couple of days, will wait and see.

Great work ChevyNo1
  5. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Mej284 I know I only get market notifications once a day even if there are new updates. You can just open the market click menu/downloads and any updates will show.
  6. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Simply wonderful...errr, I mean, Stunning!

Just one little nit pick: is it possible to get a metered battery indicator? NEVERMIND: IT DOES HAVE IT; REBOOTED.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. Apollo

Apollo New Member

By any chance, is there a command to remove the transparency from the taskbar?
  8. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

problems with rstapps

Coming from BB .4, rstapps restored all my apps except handcent, now handcent won't install ("install unsuccessful"). I restored backup of BB .4, handcent is not there now and won't install to BB either. Any ideas how I could have screwed up handcent? I reinstalled SS 4.4 handcent still not there or installing and now noticed wifi not working. Is there a way to clean everything out and start fresh? I have done multiple wipes and factory resets between each install/backup in clockwork.
  9. ecfiffer

ecfiffer New Member

holy shiz Chevy! out-frickin-standing!

i used your backup and restore apps. wow simply wow.

you continue to impress me. just frickin awesome
  10. mej284

mej284 New Member

In using rstapps, I have noticed it did reinstall the email app but not the account I had installed. It did install the app and account for yahoo mail and gmail. Just wondering if something was missed.

I would also like to make a recommendation. I have come from BB .4 and I still bouncing back in forth which one I like best. In BB he has a gui for installing or uninstalling some of his scripts. Have you considered doing that. I have no problem working with the terminal emulator. But as my Daddy always said keep it simple. This would help out the masses and go along with your theme name SIMPLY stunning.
  11. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo New Member

Market issue

It appears as though rstapps -c restored everything except SetCPU. It shows as "Purchased" on the Market and will download, but then the installation fails. I tried downloading another app and it installed perfectly. The reason that I ask about this is that it appears as though it was the only app to not restore and it has issues installing.

Any Help??

Thanks,
    BigRedGonzo

***Edit***
    I restored an old TI backup of SetCPU and it crashed and burned. I rebooted and tried again. It ran fine and the market updated it with no problem.

Go Figure!!
  12. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Great suggestion and I agree!
  13. mcsinfl

mcsinfl New Member

same here...up and running now, however i keep getting framework fc's
  14. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

hmm....

This should be interesting......
  15. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo New Member

Just an Observation

Just FYI. I downloaded the latest version of bkapps.zip, installed it and backed up my apps using bkapps -c. Wiped 3 times. Flashed the ROM. All went well. Restored the apps with rstapps -c and still got a ton of FC's. It also missed an app, namely SetCPU. It was a nightmare getting it back, but I eventually did.

Otherwise ... this ROM is noticeably faster than 4.3 (at least for me). On a 4 run average Quadrant score on 4.3 I was getting an average of 1168. After tackling all the issues this morning and getting back up and running, my 4 run Quadrant score was 1276.

Anyway ... great work. I love your ROMs.

BigRedGonzo
  16. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Everyone make sure you are wiping data and cache before you install, multiple wipes is better and only takes a minute more to do. I would also recommend everyone just install the Rom with no extras first and make a backup, then theme or change kernels so you always have a naked Rom backup to fall back to.

For those with FC please list the apps so Chevy can test these.
  17. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

I too saw the 4.3 on the lock screen and notification pulldown. For me though it was because I installed the Blue energy theme which contains the framework with the 4.3 text. So is it possible those of you seeing 4.3 installed BE or had it installed previously? Are you seeing the new icons in the status bar? They're part of the framework as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

just FYI, came from "stock" Froyo, did the bkapps -c then the rstapps -c on 4.4...

I started the rstapps when I got in the shower this morning, had to step out to grab my razor and checked on it, and Amazon MP3 and Superuser had FC'd. I just left it, and when I got out of the shower, it was going again on its own, and it all ended up restoring perfectly. For whatever that info is worth!
  19. VeryApe

VeryApe New Member

Just wanted to say GREAT WORK Chevy! I finally signed up for an account here, even though I've been using your ROMs and kernels since I rooted back in December-ish.

Bkapps ROCKS MY WORLD! Just having my homescreens restore, with all content in my folders BLEW MY MIND!

You sir, deserve a beer, and you will get one on me via PayPal!
  20. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer Developer

I just tried this and unfortunately I've not had much success. I did a wipe and install and it did the looping thing so I wiped again. Was able to get it to boot. Went to load titanium and the entire phone hung again so I had to pull the battery. I'm restoring my rom backup now. I was never able to get 4.3 to work, either. Frustrating as I'd like to check this out. Maybe when I get back from the movies later I'll give it another shot.
Search tags for this page
awesome backgrounds for droid
droid life wallpaper
frf91.372 maps

wallpaper froyo