1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What's New - This is an update.zip format 2.2 FROYO ROM FRF91 - Built from SOURCE

Yep, you read it right ... FRF91, released OTA to the Nexus One on 7/1/2010. As far as I know, this is a first of it's kind :)

READ CAREFULLY

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks very much to my beta testers - I know others of you have asked, but I was on the road and couldn't get all of you - thanks for your offers. Here are the four that did provide great feedback to me in preparation of launching 4.4, in no particular order:

FSRBIKER, JMTownsend83, RichStevenson, y0rk

I strongly suggest wiping - IN ALL CASES. As a matter of fact, WIPE THREE TIMES. You should no longer have a wiping problem. Take advantage of my bkapps/rstapps. In the links below for SS 4.4 you will see bkapps.zip. Install as an update.zip, and then you can back up all yours apps, in your current ROM, using 'bkapps -c' from a terminal emulator. Then, when you load up 4.4, you can use 'rstapps -c' to restore everything :) Skip the google login as soon as it boots up after installing 4.4. Open a terminal emulator (Apps -> Dev Tools -> Terminal Emulator) and type 'su'. Then type 'rstapps -c'. Then reboot and profit. The only things that I expect to be missing are your desktop widgets. If you are missing apps, please tell me the app name so I can test it out.

IF you get stuck in a bootloop - perform another wipe - I just had to do this myself, as I got stuck in one. Wiped AGAIN, and it was fine.

Next, back to running the LV kernel in the stock ROM - a few too many struggled with the ULV kernels. However, for those that know you can run them - links will be down below :) And note the return of ALL of the CPU Governors :)

ALSO - since this is the first source-built SS of Froyo, I STRONGLY recommend wiping. If you do not, you likely may face issues. If you do, WIPE.

Some of the biggest changes in 4.3/4.4:

1. FULL 360 Degree rotation on your desktop, your stock launcher, AND the phone. You may not have noticed, but the stock launcher will not rotate the desktop unless the keyboard is slid open. Neither will the phone. Both of these rotate now, and with 360 now you can do everything on your phone upside down ;). I also would like to give credit to cyanogen who initially wrote the source.

2. Proximity sensor for the phone fixed. What's this mean? When you put the phone to your head, the screen goes off to prevent hitting keys with your face. However - if you tilt your head to the right you will notice that the screen comes back on! This has been fixed in 4.3; proximity sensor works in these circumstances now :)

3. New icons (BIG thanks for y0rk for the awesome icons)

apps2sd - natively supported in FROYO. However, PLEASE NOTE many people have experienced issues with Froyo's implementation. Use at your own risk. A handy script can be used to turn on off:

a2sd [on/off/auto] - run with no options, shows current setting (default is 'auto').

Example, to send all future installs from the market to sd and not internal, type 'a2sd on'. You will also see that the option to 'move to sdcard' is available on all other apps currently installed to internal memory

Known issues with apps2sd - apps with widgets will not display properly if moved to SD card.

Wired Tethering is also natively supported in Froyo and works just great on this ROM :) Find it in Settings -> Networks. Also note that use of this does NOT redirect to Verizon's page asking for money. There is discussion around whether Verizon will 'charge' you for using this; use at your own discretion. And of course, as usual, seamless support of Wifi Tethering is also there.

Much work has been put into CSM and BKAPPS/RSTAPPS. Read up on it :) These are some of the best features to be found in Simply Stunning! Also note in the download links below, is a link for bkapps.zip - this is for you folks coming from another ROM and want to try mine, and for whatever reason have to wipe. Install that zip and you can use bkapps in your old ROM to backup; then flash my ROM, and run rstapps. Both bkapps/rstapps are now 'apps2sd' aware - meaning that if you run bkapps and some of your apps are stored on SD - when you rstapps, they will restore back to SD :)

YouTube Widget has been themed to match the rest of the ROM

Launcher base has been made transparent to match the rest of the ROM

TUN/NFS/CIFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 are supplied as modules. They can also be loaded/unloaded via command line scripts:

ext2 - repeated calls load/unload
    ext3 - Ditto
    ext4 - Ditto
    cifs - Ditto
    nfs - Ditto

A script to make any other file executable:

exe <filename>

Directory listing, showing most recent files last:

ltr

Reboot scripts:

rb - reboot
    rbr - reboot recovery

In case some other install alters such that you get 'Designed for Simply Stunning ROMS Only', run this script:

rstprop

Hide/Delete Twitter:

mvtwit

Hide/Delete Visual Voicemail:

mvvvm

Ad Blocker:

adblock

1. The kernel is now 2.6.32 - no Tempmon support YET (thanks to P3Droid for wifi module)
    2. Busybox updated - now 1.16.1
    3. Camera/Video click is once again silenced by default
    4. Helix Launchers are NOT currently supported

5. Many new scripts. All of my mv* scripts are dual purpose, they can both rename (the default) or delete. Renaming hides it in your app list, but you can get it back later. When you delete, it's gone. Here they are:

mvnews - News & Weather
    mvac - Alarm Clock
    mvcamclick - Camera Click
    mvch - Car Home
    mvdroid - Droid Sound
    mvdt - Dev Tools
    mvem - Email
    mvfb - Facebook
    mvgg - Google Goggles
    mvgt - Google Talk
    mvgv - Google Voice
    mvmaps - Google Maps
    mvmp3 - Amazon MP3
    mvsp - Spare Parts
    mvtb - Titanium Backup Free

For example, to rename/hide Google Goggles:

mvgg

Run the same command again and it will magically re-appear

If you know you'll never want to use it and just want it gone, just append -d to the command:

mvgg -d

Also these three scripts:

mtop [seconds] - top command (shows top cpu processes), sleeping [seconds] between loops. Default is 3 seconds
    psp [seconds] - Persistent ps command, sleeping [seconds] between loops. Default is 3 seconds
    klauncher - kill/restart all running launchers (useful after a restore where you want to see refreshed desktop icons)

Also included is a script to change the pulldown and lockscreen text from 'Simply Stunning v4.0' back to 'Verizon Wireless'. This is to support quick compatibility with any apps that need to see Verizon:

fixpd (Change to Verizon Wireless)
    fixpd ss (Change back to default SS text)

What's Existing

1. All busybox commands properly linked
    2. Kernels now includes CIFS as external modules
    3. Now included is the Wifi-Tether app pre13
    4. Titanium Backup Free is now included - (THANKS to Joel (dev))
    5. New bootanimation (THANKS to Liquidzgrl) - you won't see it if you don't remove any existing bootanimation by wiping or deleting manually
    6. All PNG's optimized and apk's zipaligned
    7. New battery icons designed by me
    8. 'Normal/Reduced' Haptic feedback compared to previous versions

To Wipe Or Not To Wipe

I'm just going to say yes. See notes at top of OP.

Simply Stunning v4.4 - FROYO FRF91 from Source - All Links - ALSO AVAILABLE ON ROM MANAGER

If the kernel is a problem, you will get stuck on the 'M' while booting up. This build comes with the 1.0Ghz low voltage kernel. If you need to try something else, usually UP in voltage selection is going to help your case, not down. Not a hard and fast rule, but you get my drift. If you want, choose another kernel from the 'kernels' directory in the link above.

Base:

FRF91 (and FRF84B Proprietary Files)

What's Inside the Box:

-Overclocked Kernel with seven slots allows clocking of 250-1000 MHz in mixed steps (credit to ChevyNo1)
    - The base 1.0G kernel has NO voltage increase over stock
    - These kernels ALSO include the STOCK 550Mhz slot, and the kernels DEFAULT to that speed, until you use an app like SetCPU.

-HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
    -HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -Disabled OTA Updates
    -*Battery Saver* Wifi Scans Increased to 30 seconds
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -SuperUser App
    -Flash Image
    -Busybox

-Added commands sysrw/sysro for mounting /system read/write or readonly. Also note that sysro remounts read only AND performs the sync for you

-Added new Linux commands that I sorely missed:

more
    head
    tail
    which
    cp
    grep
    find
    awk
    sed
    less
    wc

Cleaned/linked the following commands which unnecessarily eat up 10MB of /system:

ash
    chmod
    clear
    cp
    dd
    ifconfig
    kill
    printenv
    traceroute
    unzip
    vconfig
    vi
    who
    whoami

Theme:

-Smoked Glass Blue (credit to AdamZ modified by me)
    -Added custom status bar icons (credit to blake2050@droidforums)
    -Progress bars changed to match blue theme
    -Clear push-icons on desktop (credit to ReverendYo - skinned from Alldroid community ROM)
    -White Clock (credit to Ohsaka)

Recommended Apps:

SetCPU - not included as it is a paid Market app

Android Terminal - while this ROM comes with DevTools which has a terminal, it has a finer font that for some reason will not adjust. This terminal I've suggested looks pretty much the same but you can change the fonts to your liking.

Bugs:

-HelixLaunchers not supported.

-Sometimes the auto-brightness does not work if your phone has just rebooted. Simply pressing the power button twice will fix it.

Disclaimer:

This is an overclock ROM, therefore if you're not careful, you'll do damage. I am not responsible for any such damage, you use this of your own free will.

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome - bugs included
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. TheBawse

TheBawse New Member

Cot Damn d/l now~!!
  3. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Thanks Chevy you are quiet the awesome developer, checking this out
  4. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

still pointing to 4.3 index ?
  5. ChevyNo1

yep just fixed the link, sorry!
  6. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

Awesome...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Tornado Rex

Tornado Rex New Member

Downloading now. Will let you know how it goes
  8. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

Running beautifully! Thanks for the hard work Chevy!
  9. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

sucks to say but im in a bootloop :( wiped and everything. help chevy!
  10. ChevyNo1

Must not like the LV kernel that is included - have you tried flashing an MV kernel over top? If not - try that first
  11. regkilla

regkilla New Member

thanks ChevyNo1
  12. Tornado Rex

Tornado Rex New Member

Running awesome! Only issue I had is mvch isn't working for me. I type it and it just drops to the next line. No error text, but no completed text either and Car Home is still there. All the other mv scripts worked though :)

Also not sure if you updated it but rstapps worked flawlessly. No more FCs for superuser permissions anymore.
  13. ChevyNo1

I will take a look at the CarHome ... and yes, I DID update rstapps to hopefully avoid the FC's ... sounds like it worked for you!
  14. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

i will try that but ive been running ur LV 1.1ghz since i can remember!....it has always been the best kernel (for me).
  15. ChevyNo1

Link pulled - I am seeing the 'bootloop' issue myself!!! Hopefully will be back up very soon ...
  16. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

lol thanks chevy!
  17. kyle4269

kyle4269 New Member

I was stuck @ bootloop also when i first installed. I rebooted into recovery and did a second wipe, which seemed to work for me.
  18. ChevyNo1

how this **** happens is beyond me - very frustrating
  19. spruleme

spruleme New Member

Lol, i was gonna post about this boot loop, and yeah 1.1 lv kernel has always worked best for me as well. 1.2-1.25 i had issues. Running included kernel just fine.
  20. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 New Member

Can't wait to try your latest out Chevy!! Your ROMs are always top notch!!
Search tags for this page
awesome backgrounds for droid
droid life wallpaper
frf91.372 maps

wallpaper froyo