froyo frf10b test

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
frf10b tethering test

Those running the new froyo tell me if you run into any issues tethering. After 15 mins of tethering I was no longer able to tether through pdanet, easytether, wifi tether, barnacle. Even after a reboot. I had to flash back to my sapphire rom. I want to know if its just me or is this something more people are experiencing.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont avoid the issue yet, i need test subjects. dont be scared....help out the community be a beta tester :D

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hopefully this is a flike, but I would not be surprised if this was worked in by vzw

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
PC, I've tethered my phone for well over an hour but that was just before Easter while traveling to Charlotte NC on I 81 S. I think had a 2.1 rom installed. I've not had a need to tether for that length of time since installing Froyo.

Mike

owuaarontsi

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem using wifi tether with my ipad.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
may be a glitch then.....

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tethered for an hour this morning with wireless tether. oops lol i just reread the op. i'm not on the new froyo lol

carry on...

Kinfolk_Thuggin

Reaction score
I've noticed that my Wifi tether seems to cease functioning after about 15 minutes, but I haven't been able to troubleshoot it yet.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
actually, i did experiece this exact same problem. it was so irritating becuase i was on bugless 1.1 the i switched cuz i was excited about froyo. big mistake, my tether quit after 5 minutes or so, and my phone was getting crazy hot. But its not a problem now... i think pete switched his source, the original leak kinda was glitchy, but then their was a different leak by a Motorla employee i think.
More on your problem, it was on the first froyo leak: it kept doing it even after i recovered back to 2.1 bb: i had to completely reflash 2.1 sbf with my batman logo: then i waited till pete had a different version, this fixed problem.

Problem= tether would quit working, it would stay completly green and would say it was tethering, couldnt stop it nor would it forceclose, i rebooted in case it was an oddety then it would do it all over again. i tryed it like 7 times with same reocurring problem then when i flashed back(using koush recovery not sp...maybe if i did sp it would have been more solid. fyi i did do a wipe and cache delete while reverting back, not sure what was happening.)

owuaarontsi

Reaction score
I was getting that problem on bb.4 where I was trying to watch a 7 minute youtube video and it would stop sending data. And then sometimes my ipad would say its connected but would give me a no connection error when trying to open a web page.

I haven't really had those problems yet with the new leak. This new leak has been better and faster than all the custom roms I've tried.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk