froyo for the eris

eriscrazy

Reaction score
any word on froyo coming to the eris? i know they have been working on it and i was just wondering if any more progress has been made in making it stable. i really want froyo on my eris! lol

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will most likely NEVER see Froyo on the Eris. The Eris is about to meet the end of it's life at Verizon, and I seriously doubt they keep up the support.

If you want Froyo, your only two options are to upgrade or root, which neither is for everyone.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Froyo wont be coming to the Eris. It just doesn't have the computing power to run it smoothly.

Debtfree

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Froyo wont be coming to the Eris. It just doesn't have the computing power to run it smoothly.

Ok, I hear you on that. So what can one do to make the Eris install apps to the SD card with out causing the device to act screwy? I used that Leaked v2 OS which was "ok", but it wasn't until I installed the "official" OS did my phone function the way it should.

Any ideas????

jrozga

Reaction score

Kaos Froyo runs Great on my eris. The only thing I am waiting for on this ROM is Flash, everything else that matters works wonderfully on this ROM!

You will not see me running a 2.1 based anything on my eris ever again!

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
it worked great on mine too just felt a little slow on my phone also did not have the ability to over clock with set SPU so i was kinda bummed. also i could not get any of the voice recognition stuff to work so that was kind of a bummer also.

jrozga

Reaction score
it worked great on mine too just felt a little slow on my phone also did not have the ability to over clock with set SPU so i was kinda bummed. also i could not get any of the voice recognition stuff to work so that was kind of a bummer also.

With version 24 its stock oc to 710 and I have voice search working aswell as it has on the stock 2.1

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
@Rooted Agreed i really do wish they where to but i ran the kaosfroyo on my eris for about a week and did not have any (major) problems out of it at all. with that being said i went back to the rom i had before because i felt that it really did not give me a huge performance boost on my phone. Also i just really wish that it KaosFroyo had all the perks of 2.2 but it is still missing some. Flash being a major one. but for the most part i was very pleased with the ROM just really wish the progress was a little faster. but i cant really say much because im not a dev and i don't know how hard it is for them to get this ported over lol so ill keep my mouth shut.:icon_ banana:

RootedEris

Reaction score
we should start a revolution :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

i wish i could develope customs roms:heart:
last time i tried doing it my brain almost exploded :icon_eek:

and frankly i dont have the time, caffeine supply, technology or steady hands to pull off a procedure like that !

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
we should start a revolution :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

i wish i could develope customs roms:heart:
last time i tried doing it my brain almost exploded :icon_eek:

and frankly i dont have the time, caffeine supply, technology or steady hands to pull off a procedure like that !
HAHA we should!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
but yea i feel that a COMPLETE froyo rom will be on the eris soon lol if not my upgrade will be here and ill be getting either the X or MOTO 2 lol we will see!

justSteve

Reaction score
so here we are a month later

Just ran a google search on 'how to flash froyo to htc eris' and this thread come up really high but seems outdated. Probably be worth appending the current status now that Froyo is officially out for other models?

thnx

C

cdexsw

Actually Froyo (2.2) will not be release to the HTC Eris. Verizon has pretty much confirmed this. If they change their minds well.....you now how vzw is.

But on a good note, if you are looking for an AWESOEME ROM for your Eris then go get KaosFroyo. This is a mixed Cyanogen/AOSP Froyo build for the HTC Droid Eris. ---NOT A VERIZON/GOOGLE - OTA/UPDATE RELEASE.

KaosFroyo [ROM]KaosFroyo V31 [08/25] [FROYO] - xda-developers

Your phone need to be rooted and have a custom recovery flashed (many ways to do both.

My suggestions is to use my friend jcase's 1-click-root-app. It roots the device and flashes Amon's RA Eris Recovery on reboot. Great app.

Universal 1 Click Eris Root App Apk - No PCs, No Scripts Needed, EASY - xda-developers

there is a IRC ( irc.andirc.net #droideris ) or webirc ( http://chat.andirc.net/ )
if you need help.

happy rooting & flashing