FROYO for parents

dustin4863

Reaction score
ok guys my parent both have droids running 2.1. They both recently asked me why they could not flash on there phones. Long story short i am going to root and load a froyo rom for them this weekend. My question is which one to load. i need a little help here.
Thanks
dustin

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the truth is everyone is making very good froyo roms. currently im running a custom build ive made for myself but ive tried a few others and i have to say they were all very nice. id recommend jrummy's. he has always done a top notch job. Also you can try woody's roms as i enjoy much of his work aswell. enjoy!

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
very true and most everything is stable i am looking for something that my parents can't screw up

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Again i would stick with jrummy or woody. both roms dont have problems really. and dont require a bunch of extra work.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
of course you could stick with team chaos which is based of frf57 but since we have all been on hiatus i wouldnt know how often i would be there to give support. but its a very simple and very stable froyo if thats what your looking for.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Another good option

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, and you would need the flash apk, which I would link for you for easy download, but I'm on my phone now :p I'm sure you knew you needed it anyway.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
@hedney3 thanks for your help but my parents do need support @tanknspank thank you also that is really what i was looking for thanks again both of ya'll
if there are any more suggestion send them my way
thanks
dustin

Fault

Reaction score
Yea I'm doing the same for my moms boss. Does stock allow tethering?

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that stock build has working tethering or not. You can always download the wifi tether app from the market. Just test it for him to make sure.

Oh, and you guys should sneak in a 800Mhz kernel for them. Should speed it enough to drastically change there phone without really any harm to the phone.

OP
D

dustin4863

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that stock build has working tethering or not. You can always download the wifi tether app from the market. Just test it for him to make sure.

Oh, and you guys should sneak in a 800Mhz kernel for them. Should speed it enough to drastically change there phone without really any harm to the phone.

i was gonna use one of chevy's 1000mhz but if you say 800. then 800 it will

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
1ghz is fine, but then you might want to grab setcpu from xda-developers and set up some profiles.