Froyo for Motorola Milestone “Undecided”

afein

Reaction score
AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM in the US, but use different frequencies for their 3G. The Telus (Canada) Milestone is frequency compatible with AT&T, so if you get an unlocked Milestone, you have one of the better options for Android on AT&T.

My guess is JS has a development phone, and either knows someone in Motorola, or is someone in Motorola.

My thoughts also. He seems to have a great technical knowledge of networks and how they operate as well as very good engineering knowledge of the phones. My only problem is, how, when ROW have not decided yet whether to have 2.2 on Milestone let alone start porting it, he has a 2.2 build? I was lead to believe the Droid ones would not work on Milestone.

(ROW = Rest Of World)
well it probably only takes a Motorola dev an afternoon or two to create a usable 2.2 rom for the milestone, so there should be little doubt that such a build is available internally to Motorola.

with regards to js there are two options: he is legit and a troll, or he is not legit and is a troll it doesn't really matter which.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
Lol, I got your troll right here.

Let's see, I said I had Froyo (although it is buggy) on my Milestone. For the record it is the Telus model unlocked.
People doubted that and didn't like that I won't post a screen shot. So I passed along some other info you can't find from a Google search.

In case you are wondering, that second basketball player program has leaked. Check Engadget.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. I try and help you out with some information and you yell at me for trolling? Okay, I'll keep my information to myself.

Just because, check this post in about 2-3 months.

There will not be a GSM version of Droid X. That program was killed early on.
There will be a Milestone 2, it is in testing now.
A new GSM Motorola Android should leak sometime soon, program starts with a 'B' and is the name of a flower.
Two programs names after basketball players are coming soon.
The GSM phone you really want, well that is coming in January. Sorry, AT&T doesn't want it until than. Oh, and it doesn't use OMAP.

:censored:.

Not 2-3 months yet, but thought I would see how I did...

Still no GSM Droid X.
Milestone 2 announced.
B program- Begonia just leaked.
Jordan and Kobe leaked.
January isn't here yet, so still pending.

So far not to bad, amazing. ;)

JS_Winston

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. I try and help you out with some information and you yell at me for trolling? Okay, I'll keep my information to myself.

Just because, check this post in about 2-3 months.

There will not be a GSM version of Droid X. That program was killed early on.
There will be a Milestone 2, it is in testing now.
A new GSM Motorola Android should leak sometime soon, program starts with a 'B' and is the name of a flower.
Two programs names after basketball players are coming soon.
The GSM phone you really want, well that is coming in January. Sorry, AT&T doesn't want it until than. Oh, and it doesn't use OMAP.

:censored:.

Not 2-3 months yet, but thought I would see how I did...

Still no GSM Droid X.
Milestone 2 announced.
B program- Begonia just leaked.
Jordan and Kobe leaked.
January isn't here yet, so still pending.

So far not to bad, amazing. ;)

Time to see how I did...

The only open point was this one...

"The GSM phone you really want, well that is coming in January. Sorry, AT&T doesn't want it until than. Oh, and it doesn't use OMAP."

hmmm, could that be Olympus? aka Atrix 4G?

:icon_ lala: