Froyo for Motorola Milestone “Undecided”

Szadzik

Reaction score
Well whether the Milestone gets it or not I don't care anymore. I'm tired of the way Motorola works with their software updates and I'm done with them. I am going to switch to a company that I KNOW will update their devices as much as they can.

Good riddance Motorola.

There is no such company that will guarrantee updates for an almost 1 year old handset.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. I try and help you out with some information and you yell at me for trolling? Okay, I'll keep my information to myself.

Just because, check this post in about 2-3 months.

There will not be a GSM version of Droid X. That program was killed early on.
There will be a Milestone 2, it is in testing now.
A new GSM Motorola Android should leak sometime soon, program starts with a 'B' and is the name of a flower.
Two programs names after basketball players are coming soon.
The GSM phone you really want, well that is coming in January. Sorry, AT&T doesn't want it until than. Oh, and it doesn't use OMAP.

:censored:.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, sometimes people do have inside information and are under no obligation to reveal proof, or a source.

I welcome your information JS_W and hope you don't let a few people discourage you from posting back, not everyone is here to argue someone else's information or point of view.

ashketchum

Reaction score
Initially even I believed JS_Winston until I saw him posting stupid excuses of why he is not posting pictures or screenshots of his Milestone supposedly running Android 2.2.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
you never know what someones reasoning really is, no one here has to prove anything to anyone...either it's the truth (or close to it) or it is far from it, but there is no need to chastise someone's choice not to post a screen shot, whatever the reason might be just to fuel our own desires to prove someone wrong

tehpriest

Reaction score
I have no problem believing him but find the stupid innuendo annoying to say the least.

A new GSM Motorola Android should leak sometime soon, program starts with a 'B' and is the name of a flower.
I mean, what is this 007 time or something. Why not just say outright what he means. Daft

JS_Winston

Reaction score
That was lucky timing. Must have been a leak at the carrier, the other phone I was hinting at is for another carrier.

As for why the 007, well I am not going to just list out the Motorola roadmap for you but thought I would give you enough to know I am real.

Although Jordan doesn't really interest me personally, there is enough power under the hood that you wouldn't be really settling.

bobbiedaboo

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. I try and help you out with some information and you yell at me for trolling? Okay, I'll keep my information to myself.

The GSM phone you really want, well that is coming in January. Sorry, AT&T doesn't want it until than. Oh, and it doesn't use OMAP.

stop spreading lies!

JS_Winston

Reaction score

stop spreading lies!

Please prove one thing I said is a lie.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
Nothing, AT&T has nothing to do with Milestone.

AT&T will be get a completely new phone.

tehpriest

Reaction score
This is where am getting confused. This is a Milestone thread. You seem to talk about things pertinent to the USA and even refer to time zones of the USA. In one thread you say you do not know what the guys in Europe are up to re Froyo and yet you say you have a GSM Milestone with 2.2 on it? I thought the USA was all CDMA or whatever that system is called.

grat

Reaction score
AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM in the US, but use different frequencies for their 3G. The Telus (Canada) Milestone is frequency compatible with AT&T, so if you get an unlocked Milestone, you have one of the better options for Android on AT&T.

My guess is JS has a development phone, and either knows someone in Motorola, or is someone in Motorola.

tehpriest

Reaction score
AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM in the US, but use different frequencies for their 3G. The Telus (Canada) Milestone is frequency compatible with AT&T, so if you get an unlocked Milestone, you have one of the better options for Android on AT&T.

My guess is JS has a development phone, and either knows someone in Motorola, or is someone in Motorola.

My thoughts also. He seems to have a great technical knowledge of networks and how they operate as well as very good engineering knowledge of the phones. My only problem is, how, when ROW have not decided yet whether to have 2.2 on Milestone let alone start porting it, he has a 2.2 build? I was lead to believe the Droid ones would not work on Milestone.

(ROW = Rest Of World)