Froyo for Motorola Milestone “Undecided”

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Milestone was advertised and sold as "Flash Ready" and by doing so suggesting that it was to be updated to 2.2 and Moto doesn't deliver they will have a SERIOUS legal issue on their hands. The EU is very aggressive in these matters especially when consumers are getting shafted. If Moto does indeed choose to neglect the Milestone and not update it they will more than likely be forced by European courts to refund the purchase price of the unit to all existing customers and pay a hefty fine due to false or misleading advertising. If the EU can make MS fold and pay fines then Motorola will be small fish and they will get turned into chum by the courts.

In the case of Flash, let's be clear - it's Adobe who dropped the ball here, not Motorola. They were only going by what Adobe was telling them, it was supposed to be released around the same time as Android 2.0.1 and was thus advertised as such.

Now, for whatever reason, it seems Adobe didn't get their crap together and get it working, and it turns out that for some reason they made it only work with Android 2.2+, even though they claimed it was supposed to be working much sooner. Perhaps, they didn't see acceptable performance prior to 2.2 with the new JIT compiler - but for whatever reason, the lack of Flash is Adobe's fault.

However, since there finally IS a version of Android that works with Flash; and it works on the Motorola hardware; it SHOULD be released. I think the jist of the statement by Moto is that it's not strictly up to them, and it all depends on how the various carriers feel about it. Moto cannot directly release an OS, and if a given carrier doesn't want to test/approve a build, Moto can't really force them to.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
yeah..hahaha give your prove here...screen shot capture is not difficult using dropcap...prove here..

It will sound like BS, but I am okay with that.
I will never post a screen shot of my phone on the web. To many times do those get traced back to the person that did it. Especially when you are running tracked software builds. Not worth the risk just to get your approval.

dmo580

Reaction score
yeah..hahaha give your prove here...screen shot capture is not difficult using dropcap...prove here..

It will sound like BS, but I am okay with that.
I will never post a screen shot of my phone on the web. To many times do those get traced back to the person that did it. Especially when you are running tracked software builds. Not worth the risk just to get your approval.

lol never post a screenshot of your phone on the web? how does that identify who you are? unless you also show your IMEI and everything (a smart guy would blur out incriminating info). the fact that you're even posting here is more traceable than a screenshot. sigh...

JS_Winston

Reaction score
lol never post a screenshot of your phone on the web? how does that identify who you are? unless you also show your IMEI and everything (a smart guy would blur out incriminating info). the fact that you're even posting here is more traceable than a screenshot. sigh...

I have a different Kernel version and Build number than is publicly available so seeing that could narrow it down, but you are probably right. Ok, last post than. Bye.

tehpriest

Reaction score
My take on the Flash thing is this. Adobe discovered they needed more speed (processor) to run it optimally. So 2.2 is faster and almost gets it there. But, as their own web site shows (check it for yourselves) it still was not right, still not optimal so they gave a minimum processor speed of 800Mhz. Yes if nothing else is running Droid/Milesotne will run it but as soon as you get three or four other apps using memory and processor interrupts it's stuffed. My own grassy knoll theory but I wait to be proved wrong.

Alta1r

Reaction score

I have a different Kernel version and Build number than is publicly available so seeing that could narrow it down, but you are probably right. Ok, last post than. Bye.

Please explain me what the difference is between you stating on this forum you have 2.2/froyo on your milestone and actually post a screenshot (where you can blur out the incriminating info)? To me there is no difference at all, except that you would earn some credibility here on the forums...

dmo580

Reaction score
I remember when people psoted screenshots of Win 7, win Vista, Win XP in beta versions. People always did that. You prove you have it by showing the build #.

Otherwise, words are useless. No one wants to hear "some guy I know told me this." That's as good as me saying I have Gingerbread 3.0 on my Milestone. It's bull****. That's what it is.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
Couple of quick things, take them or leave them.

Sure a picture may make it more credible to you, but honestly I don't care if you believe me or not.

Give me 500 examples of people that have posted pictures, that is fine. Most of those come from people like those Verizon testers that posted the Droid X shots. I am not one of those people. I am not posting a picture, ever.

If that isn't good enough for you, well you can take comfort in the idea that I just don't like you enough to make you happy. :icon_ banana:

I only mention that there are Froyo builds on Milestone phones to point out that Froyo can come to your Milestone. It is a business decision (sorry, can't help you there).

Maybe this will make you happy, your Milestone car dock won't work with Milestone 2.

Kam5lc

Reaction score
u dont like us enough to post a screenshot, but u care enough to write a post about not doing so....

It makes sense now

JS_Winston

Reaction score
u dont like us enough to post a screenshot, but u care enough to write a post about not doing so....

It makes sense now

I won't post a screen shot of my phone because there is no real benefit. Sure you would believe me than (or think it was fake), but that doesn't change anything.
Especially since I am not sure if you will get it anyways, it is still be debated and the current build has a bunch of issues. I use my other phone most of the time anyway. You can always wait a couple of months and get that phone (program name is a basketball player).

ashketchum

Reaction score
You won't post a screen shot of your phone just like I can't post a screen shot of my phone running Android 3.0 which I got from the future. I have a time machine using which I went to the future, installed Android 3.0 on my phone and came back. But I wont post any pictures of my time machine or my Milestone running Android 3.0 cause there is no real benefit since you guys will never get to use it anyway.

Szadzik

Reaction score
I won't post a screen shot of my phone because there is no real benefit. Sure you would believe me than (or think it was fake), but that doesn't change anything.
Especially since I am not sure if you will get it anyways, it is still be debated and the current build has a bunch of issues. I use my other phone most of the time anyway. You can always wait a couple of months and get that phone (program name is a basketball player).

Get real and stop trolling. Who cares if you hav eFroYo or not, not me anyway.

dmo580

Reaction score

It makes sense now

Yeah seriously, here's a cup of STFU. People like you get banned from forums for trolling like this.

You either post a shot or you STFU. There's no reason to brag about something you're unwilling to show. Then why even tease us?

lexcyn

Reaction score
Well whether the Milestone gets it or not I don't care anymore. I'm tired of the way Motorola works with their software updates and I'm done with them. I am going to switch to a company that I KNOW will update their devices as much as they can.

Good riddance Motorola.