Froyo for Motorola Milestone “Undecided”

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by harunjo, Jul 21, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Froyo for Motorola Milestone “Undecided”. | AndroidGuys
    i think this is the last motorola phone for me..
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If Motorola screws milestone owners this bad they can guarantee that none of them will ever buy a moto product again. They can also guarantee a lawsuit because the EU frowns on this stuff especially when the US Droid receives 2.2. That will show a precedent in the EU courts eyes.
  3. ashketchum

ashketchum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Milestone was officially released in my country on 31st March and it's been only about three months since then. If they don't release Android 2.2 for it a lot of people are gonna be pissed.
  4. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Milestone was advertised and sold as "Flash Ready" and by doing so suggesting that it was to be updated to 2.2 and Moto doesn't deliver they will have a SERIOUS legal issue on their hands. The EU is very aggressive in these matters especially when consumers are getting shafted. If Moto does indeed choose to neglect the Milestone and not update it they will more than likely be forced by European courts to refund the purchase price of the unit to all existing customers and pay a hefty fine due to false or misleading advertising. If the EU can make MS fold and pay fines then Motorola will be small fish and they will get turned into chum by the courts.
  5. JS_Winston

JS_Winston New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know anything about when or about different countries so don't ask. I do know that there is a build for Froyo on Milestone within Motorola. It is done and it works.
  6. chad_petree

chad_petree Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its possible we wont get gingerbread but not getting froyo is plain stupid, dont worry guys, im sure this isnt true, if the droid is going to have froyo, theresno excuse they're virtually identical, motorola would get even more bad press for this than for locking their bootloader
  7. darklipslide

darklipslide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've sat on this piece of news for a few days and I still can't understand why they wouldn't get froyo onto it. They might end up placing froyo on it, but much much later in the future.
  8. gallumbits

gallumbits New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will advise all of my friends never to buy a Motorola and I will never buy a Motorola myself ever again. The Milestone was supposed to be a pivotal device, a real "milestone" for the company and their entry in the 21st touchscreen mobile century. However they have screwed us over and over and over again. The locked bootloader, the camera issues with 2.0, the browser lag with 2.0.1 and the false advertising of the phone being "Flash ready". I mean COME ON!!! They could've made it the geek phone of Europe and made ridiculous amounts of money, but they are a bunch of morons who don't have any idea what they are getting into. And now they are releasing device, after device, without bringing anything substantial to the table. Motorola is a follower in the steps of Google, Apple and HTC - they provide no innovation, no original ideas and no real connection with the end user.
    They used to have an ad that said "HELLO MOTO", all I can say is - "BYE BYE MOTO"
  9. Szadzik

Szadzik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good riddance!
  10. JS_Winston

JS_Winston New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know what I always find funny on the internet, the shear ability of it to allow people to completely freak out and go to the extreme.

Just consider this, the apps processor in the Milestone is exactly the same as in the original Droid. So if the Froyo update is being done for Droid, than the move to Milestone isn't that big. The biggest challenge is the carrier testing (because they test updates as well).

Calm down. Only one phone has officially gotten Froyo so far (ironically it is a phone that is no longer for sale). You aren't missing out yet.
    And to emphasize the point, I have a Milestone with Froyo on it today. (don't ask, I can't give you the sbf)
  11. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not that easy...droid bootloader is not locked and milestone bootloader is lock..milestone is depend on motorola to be have froyo...

and i am sure you dont have a froyo on your milestone you have dexter motofrenzy rom (the froyo wannabe rom)
    [ROM] MotoFrenzy (Froyo 2.2 for milestone) - xda-developers

dexter motofrezy rom is quite good..but thats not a froyo..its based on 2.1 kernel..
  12. JS_Winston

JS_Winston New Member

Ratings:
    +0

It is not easy for hackers to load Froyo, but for the software guys in Motorola that locked Bootloader is not even an inconvenience (since they have the private key).

And yeah, I have Froyo. I had one of the software guys flash it for me.
  13. Kam5lc

Kam5lc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you you do have froyo I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to prove via video.
  14. bobbiedaboo

bobbiedaboo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha yeh how bout u lick my **************
  15. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah..hahaha give your prove here...screen shot capture is not difficult using dropcap...prove here..
Search tags for this page

how do you take a screenshot on a motorola milestone x

how to take screen shots with motorola milestonex

how to take screenshot motorola milestone x